Canon off camera flash cords

Thanks for the link, it looks like its not compatible with Digital EOS Cameras which would be why its not listed in the instructions for the flash system.

I wonder why it isn't compatible as the flash contacts are the same on the film and digital cameras

Thanks for the link, it looks like its not compatible with Digital EOS Cameras which would be why its not listed in the instructions for the flash system.

I wonder why it isn't compatible as the flash contacts are the same on the film and digital cameras

It's the Camera Shoe Cord OC-E3 you'll need. You should find loads of shops selling it.

I have the Canon OC-E3 one, great build quality. I'd recommend the Canon ones as the cheaper ones are a bit more flimsy.

What I was after was the one based around th TTL distributer, so that it would control 2 guns for a macro setup.

Canon seem to be claiming that the TTL Distributor and the connecting leads are not compatible with Canon Digital cameras

With the OC-E3 you can only use one flash.

Paul

I suspect it has something to do with the ETTL system on the Canon.

What Flash units do you have? If one ( or both) are 580 you could use the Off Camera Cord, and use one flash as master and the other as slave.

I have a new jessops own and they have made some changes (for the good) and it seems to be really good, so im happy

Back