Canon PIXMA MP640 Printer?

Name
Kate
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey Everybody!

I would like to buy a printer soon and came across this one in my Digital Photography Magazine.

Has anybody got this printer? Does it produce good quailty photos? Any tips on maybe what i should get?

I am going to be doing some work for people i know soonish. So would come in handy.

Thank you

xx

Last edited:
I have just bought a Pixma iP4850 which is a standalone printer which I think has a similar print engine to the MP640.

It's early days but I am very impressed with the print quality (and speed) on Canon paper. I haven't experimented on other paper types yet. It cost £72.

If you need the flexibility of wireless and a scanner too then I'd say the 640 is OK if you can get a good deal on it.

Edited to add - Canon are in the process of releasing new models and it looks like the MP640 has been replaced by the MG6150 for a very similar price....might be worth a look.

Last edited:
I have the MP610 (non wireless) but use a bluetooth stick and it's a great printer, go for it!

I have just bought a Pixma iP4850 which is a standalone printer which I think has a similar print engine to the MP640.

It's early days but I am very impressed with the print quality (and speed) on Canon paper. I haven't experimented on other paper types yet. It cost £72.

If you need the flexibility of wireless and a scanner too then I'd say the 640 is OK if you can get a good deal on it.

Edited to add - Canon are in the process of releasing new models and it looks like the MP640 has been replaced by the MG6150 for a very similar price....might be worth a look.

Thank you for all that info, much appreciated, The printer u said about looks good! I like it!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-PIXMA...ie=UTF8&s=officeproduct&qid=1287339945&sr=8-1

This is released on the 31st October!

Last edited:
It seems to be just Amazon that are releasing these printers at the end of October - other places are selling them now and Canon released them in September.

Anyway, a bit of Googling will find suppliers if you can't wait :)

It seems to be just Amazon that are releasing these printers at the end of October - other places are selling them now and Canon released them in September.

Anyway, a bit of Googling will find suppliers if you can't wait :)

I wont rush into buying one i will take my time and get the best hopefully!! (y)

Cheers

Back