Canon Pro 100s print issues

Edit My Images
No
Hi I notice just now that all of a sudden, all my prints show scratches/smudges all over the print like the pic below.

I tried doing a deep clean multiple times and also roller cleaning and the bottom plate cleaning options under maintenance mode.

I notice that when I print a simple test print on standard inkjet plain paper it comes out fine but when I print anything on actual photo glossy paper. It comes out with the scratches and smudges.

I also see that when I do the bottom plate cleaning. It shows the line smudges a bit in the normal paper.

Any other things I can try?

If the printer prints ok on "plain" (matt?) paper but not on glossy... Have you tried different types of glossy paper? Have you had good prints off this paper previously? How old is the paper?

Is the issue that the jets aren't printing on those areas, or is it somehow getting scraped off? (difficult to tell from the photo)

My wife picked up some "glossy photo paper" from the charity shop recently and the results were absolutely dire. Putting decent paper through though was fine.

Though not that specific Canon model, I think I recall a setting (in the web based GUI and/or the driver ~ it maybe also be on the printer settings via the printer GUI) to increase the gap between the paper and the head....... though I think that was more related to the paper weight/thicker?

Though not that specific Canon model, I think I recall a setting (in the web based GUI and/or the driver ~ it maybe also be on the printer settings via the printer GUI) to increase the gap between the paper and the head....... though I think that was more related to the paper weight/thicker?
O how do I access that setting?

I would have a really close look at the top rollers and their mounting brackets. Looks like you've picked up dried ink somewhere that's catching the paper. It would be worth taking out the cartridges and printhead to get a better look. Thats coming from the top not the bottom. I have a Pro 100s the same model as yours

I would have a really close look at the top rollers and their mounting brackets. Looks like you've picked up dried ink somewhere that's catching the paper. It would be worth taking out the cartridges and printhead to get a better look. Thats coming from the top not the bottom. I have a Pro 100s the same model as yours
From what's visible when I open the ink compartment lid etc it seems normal. I can't see directly inside the roller etc

Last edited:
I would still take the cartridges and head out and check to face of the printhead for dried ink or debris. I used to repair printers for a living :D

Back