Canon Repairs

Name
Ruairidh
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Im wondering who the best company to repair a lens is?
i have used AJ Johnstone in the past but i cannot access their website at all now, are they still trading or just a shutdown from the Virus.

Has anyone used the Canon repair Centre in Elstree? Anything good or bad?

Cheers

Elstree are brilliant. No need to add anything else.

I used Elstree and they were very good.

The only small note of caution I would give, and this seems relevant to a lens repair, is that you should have a proper conversation about focus calibration. You may want to ship both the lens and body to them so that both can be calibrated together. I sent a body to them that I had bought secondhand, which had focus adjustment that was way off. They greatly improved it, but it was still quite a bit off. When I called them they said that it was because I had not sent them a lens to do a reference check against.

I took the body back and a lens too - they then fast tracked it and recalibrated the body while I waited. It was perfect after that, as indeed it still is several years later.

Canon UK Ltd
Service Centre
Unit 160, Centennial Park
Elstree Hill South
Borehamwood
Elstree
Hertfordshire
WD6 3SE

02087 314132 or 02076 603510

I haven't used them in a while so these telephone numbers might be out of date.

If you take you camera to a shop and they cant fix it.. the chances are they will send it to elstree.. I would reccomend just send it straight there :)

My only problem is.. they will fix ANYTHING even if you didn't want it fixing and charge you for it.... lets say you have a screw missing on a lens hood but your not botherd... they will replace and charge you 25 quid or somehting.... Ao make it clear you dont want any other work doing bar the work your sending it in for :) JustSayin :)

I used Elstree and they were very good.

The only small note of caution I would give, and this seems relevant to a lens repair, is that you should have a proper conversation about focus calibration. You may want to ship both the lens and body to them so that both can be calibrated together. I sent a body to them that I had bought secondhand, which had focus adjustment that was way off. They greatly improved it, but it was still quite a bit off. When I called them they said that it was because I had not sent them a lens to do a reference check against.

I took the body back and a lens too - they then fast tracked it and recalibrated the body while I waited. It was perfect after that, as indeed it still is several years later.

Is this different to calibrating it with the lens on my camera as i do anyway?

Is this different to calibrating it with the lens on my camera as i do anyway?

Yes, what you and I do is micro-adjustment. That gives us a bit of variation to play with, but for the big stuff (and perhaps more complicated stuff) the repair people have other tools not available to mere mortals.

Hi

Im wondering who the best company to repair a lens is?
i have used AJ Johnstone in the past but i cannot access their website at all now, are they still trading or just a shutdown from the Virus.

Has anyone used the Canon repair Centre in Elstree? Anything good or bad?

Cheers
A great service, very helpful

Back