Canon Sensor Cleaning - Essex

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Good morning ,

I have a Conon 70D and somehow have managed to get some huge pieces of dirt on the sensor, does anyone know where I can take it to get it cleaned in South Essex......not brave enough to do it myself.

Cheers
Simon

If you haven't done so already, watch a few 'how to' videos on YouTube - it's very straight forward.

The money that is charged for sensor cleaning is IMO a disgrace. It takes about five minutes once you've done it a few times.

agree with Trevor. instead of sending away for some moron who may or may not do a good sensor clean, invest your money in these and DIY. Some recommend a rocket blower as well but I don't as using it could stir up more dust in the camera body
Using the white electric brush "Artic Butterfly" build up a static charge by spinning for about 5 seconds before use then with it switched off brush lightly over the sensor for any loose/soft dust. the swaps are for heavier stubborn dirt.

A little heads up using swaps. Don't flood the swap with fluid you will have a job cleaning off the surplus on the sensor. What I do is put a drop onto a work surface and dip the swap into the droplet , that way you only put a little onto the swab which should be sufficient
FQKHNZR.jpg

cleaning a sensor has no "magic" about it all it needs is a little care.
Your sensor as seen through a Loupe which is a magnifier with lights that rests on the camera where the lens fits

DTGh03r.jpg

with this you can clearly see where the dust/dirt is. I have saved a small fortune haiving this kit

DO not even attempt to use cotton buds you will be in deep trouble

Last edited:
Reactions: Sky
agree with Trevor. instead of sending away for some moron who may or may not do a good sensor clean, invest your money in these and DIY. Some recommend a rocket blower as well but I don't as using it could stir up more dust in the camera body
Using the white electric brush "Artic Butterfly" build up a static charge by spinning for about 5 seconds before use then with it switched off brush lightly over the sensor for any loose/soft dust. the swaps are for heavier stubborn dirt.

A little heads up using swaps. Don't flood the swap with fluid you will have a job cleaning off the surplus on the sensor. What I do is put a drop onto a work surface and dip the swap into the droplet , that way you only put a little onto the swab which should be sufficient
FQKHNZR.jpg

cleaning a sensor has no "magic" about it all it needs is a little care.
Your sensor as seen through a Loupe which is a magnifier with lights that rests on the camera where the lens fits

DTGh03r.jpg

with this you can clearly see where the dust/dirt is. I have saved a small fortune haiving this kit

DO not even attempt to use cotton buds you will be in deep trouble

Who stocks this cleaning kit, looked on Amazon, they do have some kits but not like the one you show which looks excellent.

Thanks for the replies, but as I said, I am not brave enough to do it myself. I have found a company local to me who can do it for me.

Thanks again.

I use swab kits from this lot

https://www.cameraclean.co.uk/products.php?cat=sensor+cleaning

Never used an arctic butterfly, I'm a rocket blower user. Hold the camera body with the lens removed pointing down and a few good puffs removes most dust. I've taken a few DSLR's apart and there's very few places the dust can go, always give the blower a few puffs first to make sue it's clean in itself.

The primary use of a rocket blower is to knock dust off lenses and camera mount area before changing - if you have it with you.
If there's already dust on the sensor it's worth a try, often tiny fibres are only held on with static.
When changing lenses keep the camera body pointing down and have everything right there ready to swap in seconds.
It will still get in even if you never change lenses especially with most zooms which act like bellows.

Who stocks this cleaning kit, looked on Amazon, they do have some kits but not like the one you show which looks excellent.

I bought all this when the camera show called "focus on Imaging " was held at tne NEC in birminham. a good few years ago

Back