Canon Service Related Query

Name
Arun
Edit My Images
No
Hi

I had an ERROR 50 on my Canon 50d 2 months back. I sent my camera to H Lehman who happen to be an authorised canon service center.

They informed me that the repair would entail replacing the shutter and charged me 162 GBp for the same.

However upon receiving the camera I noticed that the viewfinder and LCD screen were full of dust as though they just returned from Mars. I informed the repair center and they agreed to repair the camera.

They replaced the dirty parts and sent the camera back this time with the body grip falling off and a fingerprint on the camera mirror.

I reported the issue again and they asked me to return the camera for yet another repair. Another 3 weeks by and the camera has been returned but this time with a focussing problem. The focus lights on the focussing screen do no illuminate and the camera seems to have focussing problems.

what is the best way forward now. I am completely sick and frustrated with these guys who seem to have no clue about what they are doing with my camera.

Is there a place we can complain ?

I do apologise if this is the wrong forum but I thought this is the most logical place.

Canon (UK) RCC
Unit 130 Centennial Park
Centennial Avenue
Elstree Hill South
Borehamwood
Elstree
Hertfordshire
WD6 3SE

Back