Canon tc compatibility.

Galaxy66

Jeremy Beadle
Name
My name is Mal not Jeremy :)
Edit My Images
Yes
Can someone tell me if the Canon tele-converters are compatible with the Canon 70-300 IS.
I have had a google but can not find a definite answer.
If so would there be any noticeable degradation in the image quality with either the 1.4 or 2x TC.
A few pics with this combination would be much appreciated if there is compatibility.
Thanks.

Can someone tell me if the Canon tele-converters are compatible with the Canon 70-300 IS.
I have had a google but can not find a definite answer.
If so would there be any noticeable degradation in the image quality with either the 1.4 or 2x TC.
A few pics with this combination would be much appreciated there is compatibility.
Thanks.
No its not.Extender EF 1.4x II
This tele extender can be used with fixed focal length lenses 135mm and longer (except the 135mm f/2.8 Softfocus lens), and the EF 70-200 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS, 70-200 f/4.0L, and 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS zoom lenses. It multiplies its focal length 1.4x. Effective aperture is reduced by one f-stop; autofocus is possible on any EOS camera when combined with a lens having an f/4 or faster maximum aperture.

Extender EF 2x II
This tele extender can be used with fixed focal length lenses 135mm and longer (except the 135mm f/2.8 Softfocus lens), and the EF 70-200 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS, 70-200 f/4.0L, and 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS zoom lenses.
The EF 2x II doubles the focal length of any lens it's mounted to, and reduces its effective aperture by two stops. With the EF 2x II, AF is possible with any EOS body if the lens has an f/2.8 or faster maximum aperture, and compatible Image Stabilization lenses maintain the IS feature when used with any current EOS camera.

Thanks for that.
Extender EF 2x II
>>>and compatible Image Stabilization lenses maintain the IS feature when used with any current EOS camera.<<<
This is the bit that does not give a definite answer:shrug:

Thanks for that.
Extender EF 2x II
>>>and compatible Image Stabilization lenses maintain the IS feature when used with any current EOS camera.<<<
This is the bit that does not give a definite answer:shrug:
These are the only zooms that they will fit.EF 70-200 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS, 70-200 f/4.0L/is, and 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS zoom lenses.

Cheers, I won't be buying one of those then (y)
Wonder if anyone on here has ever boobed buying one :D

If you had got one and mounted it,the minuet you zoomed back you would have damaged your lens;) canon t-cons have a bit stuck out of the front but I think some of the third party
ones are ok but not sure witch ones.

To complete the list, I'll just add the EF 35-350L....Canon don't list it as possible since they stopped making it but it works fine if you're happy with the IQ hit.

Bob

Can vouch for that as I have a 35-350L and 1.4tc and they work fine. I was told by the shop that it would not fit or work. Took it in and it fitted and worked (y)

Bob, I am still coming down to "The old Bakehouse" in Witney 14th-21st June so might still get in touch with you and maybe you can point me in the right direction for longer reach from your vast arsenal of Canon lenses :)

To complete the list, I'll just add the EF 35-350L....Canon don't list it as possible since they stopped making it but it works fine if you're happy with the IQ hit.

Bob

They must be hard to find and much sought after:(

Bob, I am still coming down to "The old Bakehouse" in Witney 14th-21st June so might still get in touch with you and maybe you can point me in the right direction for longer reach from your vast arsenal of Canon lenses :)

No problem...I'll be home for the duration.

One slight little gripe though...we don't say "Arsenal" in this house :LOL:

Bob

Just tried it, It does not physicaly fit.

:shrug:

No problem...I'll be home for the duration.

One slight little gripe though...we don't say "Arsenal" in this house :LOL:

Bob
Cheers Bob, will be in touch nearer the time.........promise I will not speak of the "A" word :D
Are you enjoying retirement yet ?, simple yes or no will do before we are directed to PM by the authorities :naughty:

I tried a canon 2x Mk2 on a canon 70-300mm and it don't fit!

the hole is not big enuf.

Back