Canon TC on Sigma lens?

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
May be a stupid question but I thought I would ask anyway :LOL: I have a Canon 1.4x TC and I am thinking about buying a Sigma 120-300 2.8, sooo, will the Canon TC be alright on this lens or will I need to use a Sigma TC?

Ta,
Andy

Thanks guys. Still uncertain about the compatibility between the Sigma and Canon TC's but I know the lens will work with a TC.

My Canon 35-350L was not meant to work with a TC but when I tried it out it was fine. The only issue is when extended out to the far end of the focal range the lens stopped down to f/6.3 and the AF got a little less accurate and searched around before locking on.

Hi, just checked with my gear: 120-300 + canon 1.4x TC works fine on a 40D. Not sure if there is any difference in image quality though, as I tend to use my sigma TC with sigma lens, and canon TC with my canon lens.

I don't know if you have "played" with a 120-300 yet, but if you are ever in Norfolk before you buy one, you are welcome to try mine.

The canon 1.4 TC won't fit my sigma 7-200 F2.8

Hi, just checked with my gear: 120-300 + canon 1.4x TC works fine on a 40D. Not sure if there is any difference in image quality though, as I tend to use my sigma TC with sigma lens, and canon TC with my canon lens.

I don't know if you have "played" with a 120-300 yet, but if you are ever in Norfolk before you buy one, you are welcome to try mine.

Thanks for doing that little test for me :D Good to know that it does work then.

Haven't had my mitts on one yet, might go and try one out at Park Cameras next week. Probably a dangerous thing to do :bonk: Very kind offer though and I will bear that in mind, thank you (y)

I use a Canon converter on my Sigma 300 f/2.8 and it works fine. I prefer the pictures with it to the Sigma one and will probably sell the Siggy soon.

I believe the 120-300 is based on the 300 prime so that is as good a recomendation as possible, thanks :)

Back