Canon TS8250.................quite impressed

Edit My Images
No
I installed my new TS8250 last night and ran it through its basic printing & scanning to confirm all AOK with it..................other than a the odd idiocyncrasy of the way it & the driver handles duplex printing plus the slightly misleading info re: auto tray retraction it is all good.

This morning I tried the photo printing using a couple of sheets of the trial 'Photo Paper Plus Glossy II' 5x5inch

My test was using a couple of images that I had already used to get commercially printed some greetings cards. NB the final file in that was for halftone printing but I had kept my processing steps copies, so picked the one just before that last step of sharpening for halftone.

I resized it a tad in PS to match the 5x5inch paper (the file was originally 5.15" to accommodate bleed on the greetings cards production ;)

I sent it to the Canon from windows explorer without any other changes, the files had embedded ICC sRGB, and picked "High" quality borderless print and made sure to deselect in the options 'sharpen for before print'........I had done all that already ;)

It took about 15 seconds to print and for my personal usage they look superb :)
.....................though the first one I put through that has an area of dark background has what looks like print abrasion visible approx 1cm wide x 4cm long starting at the edge of the paper running in the direction of the feed, like an internal roller marked it? The other one of a busier image there is no an obvious such mark.

But considering I have not 'printed at home' any photographs for many years and well impressed with the quality from the TS8250 :D

PS talking of the oddity re: duplex
In the driver Printer Properties you can select Duplex as a tick box. However, even if you just send it a single page Word doc it treats it like a duplex job. Therefore IMO in Word you need to make the Duplex choice as & when needed and leave deselected if not required.

However a different story with pdf files, with Duplex not set in the driver:-
Printing a pdf from Acrobat Reader when I selected in the Acrobat Reader printing dialogue box 'Print Both Sides' it performed the Duplex function properly but this did not affect the driver setting.

So, a pity that they bury the Duplex choice for Word printing rather than make it a choice on the fly, so to speak, as in Acrobat!

Last edited:
Back