Beginner Can't figure out how to set focus points

Name
Sheylara
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm trying to choose my own focus points instead of letting the camera choose for me, but I can't figure out how to do it!

Here's what the manual says, but I'm having trouble with #2. What is the "multi selector"?

I've tried all kinds of dials on the camera, but I don't see anything happening. Not even sure what is supposed to happen, lol. Am I supposed to see little focus boxes on the viewfinder move around as I cycle through them with a dial?

(I'm using a Nikon D750.)

focus.png

As Steve said, set it to group points then press the shutter button to activate the AF. Then use the focus selector as a joystick and move your focus point to wherever you wish.

Erm... how do I set it to group points? The manual only teaches me how to set these 3 modes:

AF-A (Auto-servo AF)
AF-S (Single-servo AF)
AF-C (Continuous-servo AF)

Well, I'm assuming that it's on group points anyway because when I half-press shutter to focus, sometimes lots of little boxes show up.

You need to change it to single point. Hold in AF botton where the AF/MF switch is on the bottom of the body. At the same time twist the Aperture adjustment wheel.
Ahhhhh! That's it! That worked, now I can move the little boxes around, yay! Thanks!! :)

Back