Canvas Print

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Would like to get a nice print done for xmas and have never had a canvas print before so know nothing about it. What size can I print to, my images are shot raw from my 40D adjusted then exported as Jpeg at max size what canvas sizes should I be able to print?
Also is jpeg the best file format to export or is tiff or something else better?

Where are the best but reasonable priced places for canvas and normal 4x6 5x7 prints? I normally use truprint for my 4x6's but haven't had any done in a long time.

Looking for good quality but not looking to empty my wallet at the same time.

Matt

DSCL for standard prints and fluid images for canvas prints. 40D can be used to print pretty big canvases as the mottled surface is not pretty poor for retaining the sharpness of a print so you can interpolate a fair bit before you'd actually notice a difference in percevable quality

Yes should be able to print quite large on canvas from those files. Remember it will be hung on a wall and generally people will be viewing it from a distance so like POAH mentioned, it can be enlarged quite well.

What are canvas 4 life like as a printing company? Have uploaded an image and picked a 61x41 size canvas and its pretty well priced, at £37.69 I think. That's cheaper than photobox and better material.

What size can I print to, my images are shot raw from my 40D adjusted then exported as Jpeg at max size what canvas sizes should I be able to print?

Realistically, whatever size you want. Plenty of data there, and once you are into really massive sizes it doesn't matter that your effective resolution is going down since no-one if going to get that close to see.

Oxford Image Company and Pro Canvas are both excellent, with Oxford probably having a better price product and a bit more personal service, but Pro Canvas offering more finish options.

Back