Car Park Companion

Edit My Images
No
52.jpg

This is the partner to yesterday's shot.

I've spent much longer processing it than I normally would, which is why I'm asking for feedback on it. I want to know whether my time was well spent or not, basically.

Normally I'd do my contrast in RSE and then just resize and sharpen in PS. With this one I went through every little 'panel' of the frame in PS and made a feathered selection around it. Then I adjusted the levels for that panel until they looked as good as possible to me. It took a fair while but I think the results are a lot better.

Interestingly I found that when I took the original, unprocessed pic from RSE into PS and started doing my panel work it looked very dull. When I tried the same thing with a version I'd already processed in RSE it looked much better.

Good shot. What made you decide to do each panel individually? And can you post up the RSE/PS shot as well as the original for comparison?

Here's how it looked straight out of RSE:

carpark_bw_rse.jpg

I decided to do it by panels because my experience with the dodge/burn tools has always resulted in the photo looking patchy. I just can't get a smooth result with them so I decided to try a different approach.

Back