Car question

Name
Cheryl
Edit My Images
Yes
A question for those of you who know more than I do about cars...

My car has been for it's MOT this morning (and passed). Since I have returned home, i have noticed a leak from under the bonnet which wasn't there when it when to the garage this morning :thinking:

If you stand looking at the car head on, it's on the right hand side (passenger side), near the front. It's leaving a puddle on the floor, which isn't oil. The radiator panel looks dry from the front. Any ideas what it is? Do I need to be worried? My other half isn't home from work yet ;)

Thanks

do you have Air Con? If you do, and you used it, that is most likely what it is...

also

what does it smell of? what car is it?

You haven't had the aircon on have you Cheryl? It's normal for small pools of water to appear under parked cars when you've been using the aircon. :)

^^^^^ Another vote for aircon. :) Aircon units get very cold (no surprise there then ;) ) and attract a lot of condensation, especially in humid weather like this. What you're probably seeing is the condensation dripping off - and there can be a fair amount of it too.

Id vote for the air con as well

Lets hope a kitten hasn't climbed inside the engine for a nap. Ewww.

Thanks guys... yes, I've had the aircon on so more than likely that's what it is. Phew! I thought some doofus at the garage might have damaged something as I've never noticed it leak before :bonk:

If its air-con it will be just water - any other leak will be coloured (eg. coolant will be blue or green, power steering / gearbox oil is normally red)

My vote is for a vodka leak......when you bribe the tester it's normally safer to leave the bottle on the passenger seat instead of under the bonnet ;)

digitalfailure said:
My vote is for a vodka leak......when you bribe the tester it's normally safer to leave the bottle on the passenger seat instead of under the bonnet ;)

:LOL:

Yep, possibly aircon... but it might not be. Always worth having a nose around in the engine bay for any signs of leakage. Water/coolant/oil/power steering fluid/screenwash etc all look much the same when they're in a puddle on the floor.

Back