Car set from January

Name
Mike Simpson
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, im fairly new to photography, and thought i would share a set of photos i took in January of my fathers car. :D

Posted on another forum and got some good feedback for the first two, but hardly any for the 3rd and 4th, so C&C welcome :puke:

Click thumbnails for fullsize.

Welcome Alex,

Love the first one, second is giving me neck ache, 3rd one I kind of get what you were doing but think maybe shooting from a more elevated position would help. No4 is nice but doesn't really do much for me.

I've just bought a book on car photography after being inspired by some really good stuff on here. Check out the work of Liberalis he has prodced some great stuff with his homemade rig.

Got any more stuff to show us?

Kev

Yeah I've seen some of Liberalis stuff before, i particularly like the photos of an
Evo driving around in the snow, looked like great fun :D

Unfortunately i wasn't joking about being new to photography! Been doing it for a couple of weeks, so thats all the photos i have had chance to take in between working. Also the weather has been terrible the past few weeks.

I took a few photos of a mates Golf Gti about 2 weeks ago, and tried again on wednesday, but i'm finding it extremely hard to photograph. I think its a mixture of poorly lit conditions and a black car, the photos either come out over/under exposed. The car has lots of straight lines and is very "boxy", another thing which i'm finding very hard to photograph in a attractive way.

This is the only photograph i have taken of the car, which i thought was worthy of posting:

Some great stuff there! (y)

Take your idea with #2, put it into a landscape crop, turn the steering wheel all the way so the front mag faces you square and cut out all the paving in the foreground even if you had to cut a bit of the car off. (A silly wide angle would be required of course)

I think that should look FAB!

As for the rest..brochure material.. BMW should pay you well(y) (y)

Some great stuff there! (y)

Take your idea with #2, put it into a landscape crop, turn the steering wheel all the way so the front mag faces you square and cut out all the paving in the foreground even if you had to cut a bit of the car off. (A silly wide angle would be required of course)

I think that should look FAB!

As for the rest..brochure material.. BMW should pay you well(y) (y)

I did try a landscape angled shot, but every photo i took just looked...odd. I guess it needs just the right angle. Unfortunately i didn't have long to take photos of the beamer, the owner was moaning it was too cold :embarrassed: I only got about 15 photos at each location :thumbsdown:

Im gonna be photographing an S2000 soon, so i will try the angled landscape shot with that. The hard thing is trying to find locations. I want to try something with a tunnel, with the car at the end and the tunnel in the background, but trying to find one that doesn't have cars going 70mph past you is tricky :LOL:

Some constructive criticism on the photos i have posted, from some other people would be much appreciated, i know these shots are far from perfect, so i would like everyones opinion :razz:

thanks,

Mike

Back