Car studio / lighting

Edit My Images
No
I have a car sales garage business and looking to build a picture studio with good lighting, I do sell the odd few old classic cars and would like to use a similar set up a few companies out there are using

Can any one help with letting me know what kind of studio and lighting these people are using
https://www.4starclassics.com/sold/

its a basic infinity cove studio with some continuous lights. Are you looking to set up a studio within your own premises or hire studios?

its a basic infinity cove studio with some continuous lights. Are you looking to set up a studio within your own premises or hire studios?
Well, an infinity cove definitely, there's no way of telling whether the lighting is continuous or flash and it doesn't really make a lot of difference, although flash would be a lot easier because, especially in a large well-lit space, ambient lighting is likely to be a real problem with continuous lighting.
Am looking to set up within my own premises
So, my guess is that you're a business person not a photographer? Not a problem, but photographing cars (well) will cost a lot in terms of both space and cash, and there will be a sharp learning curve.
Those photos are frankly terrible, you could do much better.

To save time with lengthy explanations, please look at this thread https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...with-continuous-lighting.641780/#post-7663226 and then come back to us with any queries.

yes i mentioned continuous lighting because lighting cars is often about microadjustments to positions of lights and barn doors which is a flash modelling light probably won't cut. flash isnt the typical way in car studios and I've shot in some of the best around. It would be assumed an infinity cove car studio would be blackout so no ambient light issues.

Here's a big infinity cove but lots more examples on google. The main requirement, and cost of running, is tons of space. Since these things are permanent but might not be used all the time, you could look to hire it out.

There's also another way - compositing - that requires way less space and can be done with a temporary set-up. Basically the car is lit and photographed in multiple smaller sections and the images merged together in Photoshop.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25hxR7VVcH8

yes i mentioned continuous lighting because lighting cars is often about microadjustments to positions of lights and barn doors which is a flash modelling light probably won't cut. flash isnt the typical way in car studios and I've shot in some of the best around. It would be assumed an infinity cove car studio would be blackout so no ambient light issues.
Fair enough, I've shot in studios with both types and prefer flash because I find it's easier and also more precise, especially with the fiddly areas where a honeycomb is the best tool, but it doesn't matter. What does matter is that the OP now has a much better idea of what's involved.

Back