Care to share your Topaz Adjust shots?

Name
Garry
Edit My Images
No
I'm fascinated by what this plugin can do, from wildly creative stuff through unusual toning effects to simple noise removal and sharpening tweaks. And version 5 made things much better with its selective brush, diffusion, grain, borders, vignettes, and so on.

I'd like so see what kind of results everyone else is getting so I thought I'd start another picture sharing thread. You don't have to show off your best work; I'm more interested in seeing your interesting work. But anything goes...

No need to provide explanations as to how you got there, or share presets, unless you want to. Here's a few to start off with: a couple with a gritty, grungy look, then a high-saturation Autumn shot.

The Globe

Yamaha Vity

Glorious Autumn

I've just gotten this plugin, but don't have anything to show yet. Just an idea, maybe post the original pics, so we can see the differences?

Really like that third one.

Unfortunately, I never saved the preset for this and kicked myself for it

6133866714_b669ab8b18_o.jpg

wow love the tree shot, it totally pops

Unfortunately, I never saved the preset for this and kicked myself for it

Looks great! When you've been working with Adjust for a while you can look at a picture and guess the settings. I'd say this one had middle-to-high Adaptive Exposure with a large number of Regions; fairly high Detail Strength but not much, if any, Detail Boost; colour looks as if Saturation has been lowered, with close to zero Adaptive Saturation, Regions, and Saturation boost. But I could be entirely wrong... :D

I'm not new to photography but am new to Digital Photography and Paintshop, are these plug-in's additional software. If there is a link that explains more that would be great. I don't want to hijack this thread. Many thanks, Nick

When you install Topaz Adjust it puts a plugin in your Photoshop CS or Elements (or Paintshop) plugin folder and you get a new item in your Filters list. This page explains the setup. And to find out just some of the things it's capable of, look here.

I took this one back in May 2007, three months after I first decided to get serious about photography. I'd bought a Casio compact camera and decided it wasn't enough to get really creative with so I bought a Canon Powershot S3is bridge camera, which I used to take this photo.

It ended up filed under 'not good enough, maybe do something with it later', partly because I didn't have any good post-processing software but mostly because I just didn't know what I was doing back then.

After running it through Lightroom (for tagging, IPTC metadata, and basic tone adjustment), Topaz Adjust (for small tone, detail and colour adjustments), and Photoshop Elements 10 (for a small amount of dodging and burning), it came out looking like this. It seems like the ideal kind of photo for using a very light touch when post-processing.

Wooden Bridge

Ian, I'm getting a notice from Flickr saying "You must be signed in to see this content." For some reason it was outside of my "Safe Search filter", despite being a simple HDR photo marked as 'Moderate'. Strange...

Last edited:
Hi guys

Would you say topaz adjust is the best HDR software?
I've head of photomatix also....
Which would you say would be the best option?
Thanks

Hi guys

Would you say topaz adjust is the best HDR software?
I've head of photomatix also....
Which would you say would be the best option?
Thanks

Although Adjust has some options to do pseudo HDR it isn't a real HDR program so no, if you want HDR from multiple frames then it's best to go for something like Photomatrix.

In recent weeks I've been going through a lot of photos that, when I took them, I consigned to the 'not good enough' folder on my external hard drive. Back then I didn't have good enough software to make them into something worth looking at. Now, some people might think that if it isn't a good photo to start with, no software can make it good. I beg to disagree.

Both of these pictures below that I took back in June 2007 with my old Canon S3is bridge camera came out looking quite drab. Like most cameras at that time, it had a sensor that seemed to suck a lot of the colour and contrast out of the photos. I ran them through Lightroom 3.6, Photoshop Elements, and Topaz Adjust 5, and this is the result:

Slice the Sky

[Play Among Fountains[/b]

Glad this thread got bumped as I have started playing with this plug-in and am enjoying it a lot. Like Garry said, it's good to run some photos through it that you put in the maybe files! Anyway, here's a couple from me. More to be added the more I play with it.

Another Place

by rednorters, on Flickr

Whalebone

whalebone bridge
by rednorters, on Flickr

I couldn't tell you what I did with them. I tend to use the presets in Topaz 5 and then do some fine tuning with the sliders.

Building The Place
A new 'highest building in London' called The Shard is being constructed. Right next door to it is The Place:

Tower Bridge is Up
It opens several times a month to let tall ships through. Here, some kind of platform with a huge pole at each corner is being pushed by a tug

Cruise Past the Tower of London
One of the many cruise boats that ply the Thames

Back