Carnaby Street Shop Assistant....(B&W Added 1-9-08)

Edit My Images
Yes
Been for a good old wander today with Fraggle101 in london we started out at Victoria where we met and jumped a tube to Oxford Circus were we have a mooch in Cameraworld in Well Street.

After a couple of minor purchases (Always a must and never avoidable...) we had a wander toward Carnaby Street and many other places after that... More picture to follow once processed.

Whilst in Carnaby Street we came across a side street, were this shop assistant was taking a break, by the looks of things its his normal smoking spot.
102402614.jpg

2. B&W
102493354.jpg

Comments welcomed as always..

Nigel.(y)

Thanks to Fraggle101 for a good day out and the giggles... Good one mate call anytime..

Last edited:
Image won't open for me in this post:thinking: keep getting the spinning Vista circle, :shrug:

I like it, I was first worried that the background is a little distracting but after a few seconds I find it sets the scene for the subject and compliments it so well done :)

Nice shot, if it was in B&W it could be from the 60s

Nice shot, if it was in B&W it could be from the 60s

Agree with the nice shot, agree it could be the 60s from his clothes and hair, disagree it couldn't be the 60s - he'd have been smoking in the back of the shop. Great image of what our healthier world has lead us to - fag ends all over the floor. Well done on the idea and its execution.

I like it, I was first worried that the background is a little distracting but after a few seconds I find it sets the scene for the subject and compliments it so well done :)

Cheers Gary..

It was a little more busy prior to the crop but I thought this crop was best..

Thanks for the comments.

Nigel

Agree with the nice shot, agree it could be the 60s from his clothes and hair, disagree it couldn't be the 60s - he'd have been smoking in the back of the shop. Great image of what our healthier world has lead us to - fag ends all over the floor. Well done on the idea and its execution.

Cheers Rh...

Thanks for the comment.

Nigel

Gallaxy

Dont know why that is.. opening fine here when viewing the thread.

Nigel

Very strange that, I kept coming back to it and there it still was, the "spinning circle", everything else was ok :thinking:.
Anyway I closed and reopened my browser and that fixed it.
Now that I have seen it here is my view, the posture of the subject and the cool look on his face make this a great shot, I also think the "technicolour" look the post processing gives it, lends itself perfectly to the 60's look. I would however have liked the subject to be more in focus against the background, maybe a longer focal length might have achieved that.
I at first also thought it was a bit too busy, possibly still is a bit and could have done without those immediately behind the subject leaving those at the cafe but we have no control over that do we.
Overall I do like what you have achieved there in the circumstances.(y)

Had the same here but refreshed the page and can now see it.

Like it lots, a true sign of the times. (y)

Thanks for the comments Richmond.

Very strange that, I kept coming back to it and there it still was, the "spinning circle", everything else was ok :thinking:.
Anyway I closed and reopened my browser and that fixed it.
Now that I have seen it here is my view, the posture of the subject and the cool look on his face make this a great shot, I also think the "technicolour" look the post processing gives it, lends itself perfectly to the 60's look. I would however have liked the subject to be more in focus against the background, maybe a longer focal length might have achieved that.
I at first also thought it was a bit too busy, possibly still is a bit and could have done without those immediately behind the subject leaving those at the cafe but we have no control over that do we.
Overall I do like what you have achieved there in the circumstances.(y)

Glad its sorted its self out in the end... and thanks for the comments.

Regards

Nigel.

i dont normally like shots of people smoking but this aint to bad..

also like the smoke rings...

md(y)

agree could make a nice b+w

Cheers MD

Thanks for the comments, I will give the B&W a go later on.

Cheers

Nigel

Just added black and white edit to original post for those that wanted to see a B&W edit.

Nigel

The B&W works really well!! i knew i should have got one of him!! just as i got him in my view he moved!! lol.. typical!!

It looks straight out of the 60's for sure.. if you could add just a little noise?? even more realistic.. (y)

Nice processing btw..

Darn... I knew I forgot something.. thanks for the comments mate.. will have to give it another go in a while.

Cheers

Nigel

I think this is great... the stance and appearance of the guy, the pile of ciggie butts, the café culture backdrop with the W1 street sign. Excellent.

Good shot, Personally I prefer the colour one, although the B&W does work well.

What a fantastic shot! Really like it! If I was being very picky I would say in the black and white conversion the wall in the top right is a big bright for my liking, but its not really much of an issue!

What a fantastic shot! Really like it! If I was being very picky I would say in the black and white conversion the wall in the top right is a big bright for my liking, but its not really much of an issue!

Thanks for the comments Foggy...

I will see if I can do anything about that when I add some grain...

Cheers

Nigel.

nice image (y), the background is busy but i think it works, lots going on around but he is in his own little world, great in B+W by the way (y).

The bloke looks exactly right for carnably street, right fashion. Prefer the colour version.

Only just realised that there were additional comments...

Sorry for the delay in answering Natjag.. and thanks for the comments.

Nigel

Back