Carrying a second bag

Name
Lord Lucan
Edit My Images
Yes
After a bit of advice really, I was at Slimbridge yesterday with a few guys I met in the cafe, we got chatting and taking photo's, and I was using my 500mm and carrying it in a lens trekker. What I'm after is carrying a second smaller bag, maybe on the front with maybe a 300mm f2.8 with body ready for action, any thoughts anyone :)

The 500mm is tripod mounted and a 300mm f2.8 would be ideal for quick action shots handheld, so needs to be ready for action, I'm thinking of a pouch type bag but anything is considered.

The lens trekker does NOT have the eyelets that most other Lowepro bags have for attaching a second (front) bag, this is easily sorted by using a couple of quality karabiners, I'm just after thoughts really and suggestions

Badgerbaiter is selling a Think Tank bag that might suit your needs.

Lovely place isn't it :)

I use the Tamrac belt system which you then put the bags onto. I then decide what to carry and stick the appropriate bag on. I also have the Tamrac Exp. 7 and a Lowepro Stealth Reporter for when I'm out with everything.

The beauty of somewhere like Slimbridge is that it's not a massive hike back to the car if you need another lens :)

You need to be careful, there has been a lot of theft from cars :thumbsdown: I live locally so go whenever I can, thanbs for the tip, I'm looking for a something like a pouch or even holster type :)

Lovely place isn't it :)

The beauty of somewhere like Slimbridge is that it's not a massive hike back to the car if you need another lens :)

You need to be careful, there has been a lot of theft from cars :thumbsdown: I live locally so go whenever I can, thanbs for the tip, I'm looking for a something like a pouch or even holster type :)

Thanks for the heads up :)

What body do you use? I found the 5D & grip to limit the back choice because of the depth of the unit. Most holsters were too small :(

I'm using an old 10d and 20d both with grips, I tend to spend on the lenses and will eventually upgrade the bodies when I feel I have caught up with what they are capable of, I see too many people just upgrading because they have to have the latest in vogue item, som of them can't even use what they already have, you ask them to explain how to get to different menu's and they hav'nt got a clue(y)

A friend has offeref to make me one, so I might see how that works out

Thanks for the heads up :)

What body do you use? I found the 5D & grip to limit the back choice because of the depth of the unit. Most holsters were too small :(

Ah not far from my dimensions then so you'll have the same problem. The Stealth Reporter is nice with the press top but a squeeze with anything but the 24-70 on.

I would have a look at the belted system [keeps your hands free] and see if you can get a holster on there.

Oh and if you see a fat skinhead with a belt system at Slimbridge say Hi :)

What about a nice trailer!

Just went to the hospital a couple of days ago to see my new grand nephew (see other thread :)) and took my lowpro computrecker with me complete with apple laptop, camera, flash and lenses. I just left all three lenses and the accessories in the case rather than deciding what to take. It just weighs a silly amount and you have to put it down to get your flash out or change lenses. I bought a lowpro Orion trecker from the photography book club because I was buying a couple of books anyway and so it was only £15. That is much more manageable but then you cannot get everything in it!

Back