Castle Combe Autumn Classic

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
A last-minute addition to my calendar as it happened to be on the way to a shoot I had later that day. The weather was my favourite kind, so I couldn't miss out.

As always, thoughts/criticism etc happily received. I've tried to pick some of the of the shots that I look at enjoy the most (and wish every one I take could come out like that) but I'm acutely aware these won't be everyone's cuppa (and as always, posting here from Flickr has killed what sharpness these had!)

1. 400mm, 1/100, f6.3, ISO 200

Castle Combe Autumn Classic by Chris Harrison, on Flickr

2. 100mm, 1/20, f13, ISO 200

3. 400mm, 1/30, f8, ISO 200

4. 100mm, 1/8, f22, ISO 100

5. 400, 1/250, f6.3, ISO 400

6. 400mm, 1/40, f6.3, ISO 200

7. 100mm, 1/20, f10, ISO 200

8. 100mm, 1/8, f22, ISO 100

Last edited:
Definitely my cup of tea, the Amilcar shot is all types of glorious. It's always a battle to stay out and shooting in conditions like these, but unequivocally, the results are phenomenal.

Love these. Some different compositions than i would normally go for (especially the soace behind the car) but i think they work.

Love these. Some different compositions than i would normally go for (especially the soace behind the car) but i think they work.

First thing I was told when shooting motorsport was to leave space for the car to drive into, not the other way around. That's generally a pretty solid guide, but I find where there is spray, dirt, smoke etc coming off the back, the story is what it is leaving behind, not where it's going.

Nice set of images, have to admit not quite my "cuppa" :D however I admire your creativity and something different, I do like the ones where the car looks to be travelling out of the frame.

#3 has got the lot for me.

Definitely my cup of tea, the Amilcar shot is all types of glorious. It's always a battle to stay out and shooting in conditions like these, but unequivocally, the results are phenomenal.

This was the next lap...

I prefer the black and white one, although you can see a bit more going on in this one.

Excellent set, No1 for me ;)

The last one was undoubtedly the best!

Back