Castle Combe Challenge

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Fantastic day at Castle Combe today, just my second event in 2 years so a bit rusty. Blazing sunshine and an enjoyment of slow shutter speeds doesn't really go, so I popped on a 10 stopper and shot blind for most of the day.

Oh yeah, marmite content...!

1. Nikon Z5, Nikon 24-200mm, 0.5sec, f6.3
Castle Combe Challenge by Chris Harrison, on Flickr

2. Nikon Z5, Nikon 24-200mm, 1/15, f25

3. Nikon Z5, Nikon 24-200mm, 1/30, f6.3

4. Nikon Z5, Nikon 24-200mm, 1/5, f6.3

5. Nikon Z5, Nikon 24-200mm, 1/5, f5.6

6. A fun bonus one, playing around with one second shutter speeds. This would typically go in the bin but it was so close to working! Will play around with this more next time as it feels do-able

Wow, I think that is an excellent set, well done ;)

Cracking set of images.

Like the third one but the rest are too fuzzy for me.

Some of these are a little too blurry for me, but as something a bit different to 99.99% of motorsport shots this set works really well. The final one is really really close to working, but if I wasnt a massive motor racing fan and saw that image I’m not sure I’d be able to tell what it was ;) But again just trying a 1 second shutter speed and getting something that close to usable is an achievement

Very nice set, the B&Ws are pretty nice but #2 works really well. the final one is making me a bit dizzy o_O but I guess that's the point(?) so it achieves the intended effect.

Thanks all, definitely an experimental day as I only had the travel zoom available, I allowed less sharpness in the subjects than usual due to the shutter speeds. Learned an awful lot though, I will return (with a slightly less powerful ND filter!)

Chris , great images. I have a ticket for the M/Cyle racing at Castle Coombe this weekend. Do you have any idea what time the racing starts as this information does not seem to be readily available.

Dave

Chris , great images. I have a ticket for the M/Cyle racing at Castle Coombe this weekend. Do you have any idea what time the racing starts as this information does not seem to be readily available.

Dave

Hmm, weird. This one is being run by NG Road Racing so probably out of Combe's hands, they normally have the timetable up by now.

Back