Castlerigg stone circle

Name
Angi
Edit My Images
Yes
A rather bleak day in the lakes last year, since Ive learned more about processing raw images I thought I would rework this one. Most of the processing was in RAW .

Castlerigg_stone_circle_RV_by_AngiNelson.jpg

a mono version
Castlerigg_stone_circle_mono_s_by_AngiNelson.jpg

What great pictures I do like this view, I must admit that I find the gentle nature of the colour version very pleasing although a little boost maybe in contrast to the foreground rocks would make for more drama.

Like No1. It catches the mood of the place for me.

Yeah joescrivens hit it on the head there the result is it brings back some of the sky that was really washed in the original edit it gives it the punch it deserves.

Thanks for al the input, I will see if I can produce a couple new versions with a bit more oomph ;)

Colour for me, atmospheric shot. But i agree could do with a tad more punch.

I agree they both need more contrast, but from light on the shoot rather than boosting in PP - and as there was no suitable light on the shoot I probably wouldn't have got the camera out !!!

I've shot around those parts for years and binned thousands of images, hence a bit more discerning in taking them now :)

The Lake District is one of those places where the foreground, middle ground and far distance can all be the same colours/tones sometimes and only more dramatic light can give any separation - I love the place to bits, but it can be very frustrating photographically

DD

I agree they both need more contrast, but from light on the shoot rather than boosting in PP - and as there was no suitable light on the shoot I probably wouldn't have got the camera out !!!

I've shot around those parts for years and binned thousands of images, hence a bit more discerning in taking them now :)

The Lake District is one of those places where the foreground, middle ground and far distance can all be the same colours/tones sometimes and only more dramatic light can give any separation - I love the place to bits, but it can be very frustrating photographically

DD

yup, I hear what you are saying, but it was my only visit in many years:)

I really like the mono version. I dont think i've ever been there without it pouring with rain, and last time the pathway around the stones was a deep stretch of mud - looks like you timed it much better!

Back