Cathedral detail HDR

Good work! Speaking as someone who is getting into HDR, I'd say you have got the right idea.

Good work! Speaking as someone who is getting into HDR, I'd say you have got the right idea.

:plus1: it's a challenge to get HDR looking 'natural' and you have done very well in this example. I think careful HDR works well on architecture.

Hi,

Glad you are trying some HDR work - it looks great when it comes off...

This just misses the mark for me though.

Was this from multiple exposures? If so, how many? Did you cover the complete dynamic range?

What software did you use to merge the images?

Did you shoot RAW?

I am happy to post up my workflow for producing HDR's in situations like this if you like...
This is a recent one:

Inside HDR of The church of the Holy Innocents, Highnam I by kennysarmy, on Flickr

Thanks! Not sure if I'm that interested in it though to do much.

:plus1: it's a challenge to get HDR looking 'natural' and you have done very well in this example. I think careful HDR works well on architecture.

Cheers Gramps, I think it's for architechture that I'll use it, when I do.

Hi,

Glad you are trying some HDR work - it looks great when it comes off...

This just misses the mark for me though.

Was this from multiple exposures? If so, how many? Did you cover the complete dynamic range?

What software did you use to merge the images?

Did you shoot RAW?

I am happy to post up my workflow for producing HDR's in situations like this if you like...
This is a recent one:

Inside HDR of The church of the Holy Innocents, Highnam I by kennysarmy, on Flickr

That was 3 shots, under by 2 stops, over by 2 stops and one in the middle. JPEGs merged using Photomatix.

Looks pretty good to me Ric.
Colours are working nicely and when I click to see the large version, looks much more impressive √

Rockshifter said:
Looks pretty good to me Ric.
Colours are working nicely and when I click to see the large version, looks much more impressive √

Thank you sir!

Both are really beautiful pictures.

Like most photographers, I consider HDR processing as the work of the devil, with one exception, it can come into it's own with architectural shots like this.

In both images the detail, light and composition is very , very good.

One of the main problems with HDR processing is that it bleaches shadows, and shadows are needed to give depth, perspective, mood, consequently providing an emotional pull.

Particularly in the first, if you could pull back a bit in the processing, leaving some shadow detail, then I think it will really sing.

I'm not sure this is technically HDR. It's similar to HDR, but with subtlety, taste and restraint!

Lovely work.

really stunning pics, I particularly like the one with the reflections in the floor. I can see I'm going to have to investigate HDR myself!

Both are really beautiful pictures.

Thank you! :)

Like most photographers, I consider HDR processing as the work of the devil

Believe me, I share your opinion!

I'm not sure this is technically HDR. It's similar to HDR, but with subtlety, taste and restraint!

Lovely work.

Thank you!

really stunning pics, I particularly like the one with the reflections in the floor. I can see I'm going to have to investigate HDR myself!

Thank you too (y):)

Back