Trying on a pair of sunglasses ...

Chester_20080217_056.jpg

at this guy's stall ...

Chester_20080217_050.jpg

and realising I'd spotted her!

Chester_20080217_057.jpg

She thought it was hilarious! :LOL:

Cathy

Yeah, great shots Cathy! It's strange how people always pull a photo-face when seeing a camera. I did a burst into the crowd and got two almost identical shots, except one guy whose expression went from standard frown to enormous grin in less than a second! I'm starting to like candids... :)

#3's a top photo - I think street stuff needs to tell a story and that one works better than the other 2

:)

Thanks very much, guys!

I'm pleased that the shots of the girl seem sharper than many of my others as well, I was starting to wonder if my eyes or my camera were wonky! :thinking:

Candids are fun, aren't they? Altho have to accept a high failure rate on the very very steep learning curve, just getting one that works is encouraging! :)

Cathy

I like the story telling aspect, and the 3rd piccie is really funny.

Hi Brocks

That's certainly how I felt a few months ago (and I think how many other photographers feel initially as well)!

I suggest practising candids in places/situations where people expect to be photographed - eg historial re-enactments. I found that helped - as does a big smile and a thank you when/if you are spotted. I've had some great chats with people I've taken photos of, it can become quite a social event! As you can see, I like trying to get posed photos of interesting people as well as just candids.

Cathy

Back