B&W CC Please

Name
Carol
Edit My Images
Yes
Nice set of tones & contrast in the LR4 images, last one IMHO could do with a slight tweak in curves. First image is well composed but I would just lighten the LH land mass to bring out the detail a little more. Love the 3rd image & love the composition in the last image nice recession but a little flat as I said a minor tweak in curves to lift a good image

Hi Peter

Thanks for your feedback, I have made the changes can you give me your opinion please.

Not so keen on the subject in No2, but the rest sure ring the bell (esp. 1 and 4). Good technique there in that there appears to be some tonal compression resulting in striking high contrast images. The softness of the mist comes out well in No 4 -Is that Loch Morlich, Carol ?

I was about to say 2 and 3 looked over sharpened. But then realised clicking the image takes me straight to Flickr where they look fine!

The last could do with a little lifting of contrast in the top half maybe and a tiny CCW rotation :)

Otherwise, I think they look good in b&w.

for subject matter the last is the best
the first has that big flare producer in the sky and it over powers a bit
2 well converted but begging to be in colour...a meadow with flowers?
3 again a well converted shot...but i find lacking in a focal point...colour adds and opens out a shot like this

all in all i dont think your black to white ventures are bad...they are technically good
getting the subject sometimes can be the answer to good monotone work

cheers
geoff

#1 is overpowered by the blown sky IMO so not keen.
#2 just doesn't work for me, the subject lacks interest.
#3 I like, the composition and detail in the shot are well suited to a mono conversion.
#4 Another good composition but appears to be sloping to the right.

:)

Really like 4 and the clouds in 1, 2 would probaly be better in colour I don't think the subject is interesting enough in B & W. Just my humble opinion, still v much learning myself.

Really nice set of images. Number 3 stands out for me. Has a real autumnal look about it despite being b&w.

Not so keen on the subject in No2, but the rest sure ring the bell (esp. 1 and 4). Good technique there in that there appears to be some tonal compression resulting in striking high contrast images. The softness of the mist comes out well in No 4 -Is that Loch Morlich, Carol ?

Hi Dougie thanks for your cc and yes it is Loch Morlich.

Hi All thanks for your replies regard my B&W efforts cc taken on board and some alterations made.

Sorry not trying to bump this post it's just that I have been away and internet connection a bit sporadic so unable to reply to all who has made the effort to give their thoughts.

Cheers Carol

The first one is just stunning, Carol. Perfect in every way.

The second has too much foreground and is too contrasty for my liking for the subject, but has potential.

The third does nothing for me at all, I'm afraid. I think it needs colour to work.

I actually like the muted greys of the last shot. It's a dull and overcast day and you've captured the essence of that with less contrast.

Nice set,
#1 i like the compsition and clouds, just the flare from the sun is too overpoweing.
#2 Nice (y)
#3 Nice, B&W conversion looks good, but not sure whether this would suit colour better to depict an Autum scene

I like the Loch Morlich shot - subtle and delicate.

The country road shot is my favourite though.

A nice set Carol, I really like No 3, with enough textures & tones in the trees to make it very attractive.

Hi all thanks for your valuable feedback, had a bit of difficulty finding my threads but I am now finding my way around the new TP layout.

Carol

#1 is overpowered by the blown sky IMO so not keen.

???

The only part of that sky that has blown highlight detail is the sun... understandably. Every cloud in that sky has perfectly finely rendered highlight detail here. I think you need your monitor looked at.

Back