CD Burning

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
:help:Help!!

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong when trying to burn my photos onto a CD so that I can put them on TP

I Nero and another burning software programme and last nite I tried to burn two photos onto a CD-R disc but when I inserted the disc into the drive and clicked on the burn icon I just got a message which said something about the disc being the wrong type of media or words to that effect. That happened with both burng programmes. I also tried using a DVD disc but got the same message.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong.

Many thanks

Not sure if i understand you correctly, but there is no need to burn to a CD to upload, just do it straight from the hard drive

apologies if i have misread your post

I'd go along with Mark... huh? :thinking:
You dont need to burn a CD to post stuff

Thanks for that folks but my problem is that my internet access is not on the same computer that all my photos are stored on. The internet is accessed via my wife's laptop

Arhh.. how about using a memory card and memory card reader to transfer the files between the machines.. (assuming they arent networked together)

As for your CD issues, sorry i cannot help, not used Nero in a long time.

Well, you got that message probably because:
1. it's not a recordable CD/DVD you've inserted into the drive
2. it's a record-once (CD-R or DVD-R or DVD+R) media that has already been written onto
3. it's a rewritable media that is full and has to be erased

A better option could be getting a USB memory stick such as this one (it's only an example).

Nero new CD what i do...

Blank CD-R in the drive.
Close any auto run windows that pop up.
Start menu> Nero >Nero Burning Rom

New compilation screen.
Top left make sure it says CD and not DVD on the drop down choice box
Choose CD-ROM(ISO).
Multisession Tab - choose> No Multisession
Click the 'New' button at the bottom.

Then it is just a case of drag and drop the files you want and clicking burn. Usually worth choosing a burn speed lower than the maximum but may be OK at full writing speed.

Multisession discs are more economical as you can add more files to the disc later but they are far less compatible and other computers may not be able to read them. CD-R's are only 10p so I'd never bother with multisession. A standard closed disc can be read on almost anything.

Assuming you have a CD writer on the pc with the photos??

Back