CD Droplets

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, this is my first post here (other than to say hello) so be gentle!

Always loved these abstract type shots and when I got a decent Macro lens thought I would give it a try.

I found the most difficult thing to be balancing what was in an out of focus when working with an extremely short depth of focus.

I used my Canon EOS350D with Sigma 50mm Macro lens. The water was placed on a new CDR and lit with an LED torch.

All Comments and criticism very much appreciated.

Liked this one enough to put a border on :

IMG_2914EDITBorder.jpg

One without a border (not sure whether it needs it?)

IMG_1647EDIT.jpg

And one just for fun really!

IMG_2915EDIT.jpg

Thanks for Looking

Andy

wow, first one is fantastic! It look as though the water drops are actually balls! excellent shot!!

Cracking shots(y) It's a bugger to know exactly which bit of the droplet you're focussing on, if you want a real challenge do some from directly overhead - it's a nightmare!!

Carl

As above, lovin the 1st one (y)

Was it taken at an oblique angle to get perspective on the line of droplets, or are they gradually smaller in size from right to left?

As above, lovin the 1st one (y)

Was it taken at an oblique angle to get perspective on the line of droplets, or are they gradually smaller in size from right to left?

They are gradually smaller droplets. Used a very fine syringe tip to place them so it was easier to get the size I wanted.

I tried some from above Carl, you are right complete nightmare to shoot and they all went in the big digital trashcan! These were the best from about 100!

Thanks for all the positive comments guys...

Andy

Last edited:
They are gradually smaller droplets. Used a very fine syringe tip to place them so it was easier to get the size I wanted....

A top result from the syringe (and steady hand) then matey. Nice one (y)

I really like these no#1 as said is spot on. I really have to have a go at some of these :)

Great shots, I like the first one especially, another thing to add to my 'to try' list.

Thanks for all the positive comments, has given me the confidence to post some more stuff in the future...

Thanks for all the positive comments, has given me the confidence to post some more stuff in the future...
.....you should see some of the junk I end up putting on lol with shots like these though post away(y)

works for me, excellent!

Great shots Abooth, I love this sort of stuff and being a real newbie to photography really, really want to master some water droplets. You've inspired me to get the cd back out of the bin (where it was chucked in frustration:LOL:) and have another go(y)

Great shots Abooth, I love this sort of stuff and being a real newbie to photography really, really want to master some water droplets. You've inspired me to get the cd back out of the bin (where it was chucked in frustration:LOL:) and have another go(y)

you shouhld post your shots, even if they go wrong, that way people can tell you were you might be going wrong,

I do it all the time :bonk:

Oooh I don't know Robbo, I'm a bit scared to:LOL: Actually I did try yesterday (not droplets) but though it said uploaded to my album there was nothing there:thinking: so will have another go tomorrow - honest!

Back