CD printer?

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
Currently I don't have a printer but I will need to start printing CD's for clients in the very near future, are there any inexpensive printers that will do this or do I need a seperate specific printer?

Thanks,

Colin.

epson r220,only about 70 notes or less if you look around..... orints to cd's ad doesn't do bad photoprinting either into the bargain!

Top stuff Ghandi, just picked one up for £39.99, can't go wrong at that price.

nice printers the epson ones, i have the R320, very good quality

Yep, I've got the R300, does a great job of printing onto CD's.....Hacker if your printer doesn't have the software disks let me know, I'll bung you mine.

R200 here, works a treat.

Unfortunately I have bought my last Epson due to the severe banding issues related to the Epsons..:shake:

I was using more ink cleaning the print heads than I was printing so after many years of using Epsons I have made the switch to Canon. ip4000 and the A3 i9950.:)

Good luck with the epson, I know its a common problem with them too.;)

My old Epson 950 does an admirable job on the CDs

I have to agree with Buster though, when it dies i'll not get another Epson because they seem to waste 25% of each colour with it's cleaning cycles. At over 70 quid to fill it, it's a bit extreme.

never had any problems with my epson, but I do use genuine inks, never turn it off and use ssc service utility, which means I get the full ink out of the cartridge , not when Epson say it's empty!

the utility also lets you clean seperate inks so no wastage there either!

what software is that Ghandi?

I have an R200 with no banding problems. Prints CD's and photo's just fine. Always use original inks which I get off ebay for about £26.00 inc. p&p.
Did have an 810 photo stylus before hand which did suffer banding problems now and then but photo printing was good.

Ally said:
tim - how quick are the canons? I had a look at them before buying the epson. The canon has the fastest printing per page?

Much faster than the epson and about half as quiet too..(y)

Also this ip4000 takes compatible cartridges with no banding issues at all.:)

Never had banding problems with my R200 on any cartridge , only problem I get with clone cartridges is they smell of fish :thinking:

the genuine epson ones do as well, I found anyway.

I printed a 4x8 sheets of a4 rasterbated image of my flat mate to put on the sitting room wall and it made the whole flat stink of kippers fo a week mudda!

Gandhi said:
the genuine epson ones do as well, I found anyway.

I printed a 4x8 sheets of a4 rasterbated image of my flat mate to put on the sitting room wall and it made the whole flat stink of kippers fo a week mudda!

Fish-tastic Batman :LOL:

Back