Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Wow these look fab.
Are they just one exposure for each ?

Gaz

great shots you should be happy with those

Great shots....I so want to go there.

Terrific shots of an amazing location (we are rather lacking in this kind of history in these parts...). I much prefer the light in the first, but both are excellent.

Dave, words cant cover what you have done
MAESTRO!!

cheers
geof

send the tenner by first class post or you are dead!!..:D

Great shots....I so want to go there.

Thanks Ruth heres a link http://www.fountainsabbey.org.uk/

Terrific shots of an amazing location (we are rather lacking in this kind of history in these parts...). I much prefer the light in the first, but both are excellent.

Thanks Matthew (y)

Dave, words cant cover what you have done
MAESTRO!!

cheers
geof

send the tenner by first class post or you are dead!!..:D

Thanks very much Geof, its in the post (y)

love your first one Dave, beautiful composition, exposure and textures. And that glow of light in the middle makes your shot really magical.
The only nit-pic I would have is that you've clipped the apex of the vault which just detracts a little for me.
Your processing has worked beautifully, looks HDR? I'd be delighted if I could get something like this! Those greens and golds really make you feel the age of the place :)

Your 2nd shot is nice, but doesn't have the quality of the first... too much floor detracts from those beautiful arches, slightly skewed in comparison to shot 1, and the chap on the lhs seems to clash a little with the whole thing. However, dress him up in a monk's habit and get him onto 1/3rd and you'd have a really interesting shot... especially as we're on the countdown to halloween! ;)

what a great location, you lucky devil!

I love the first one Dave it's stunning and an amazing location, I'm not too sure about the second if I'm honest, I think if the blur of person were into the frame more it would work better, but also the window apertures the processing to try and bring back some detail there has not really worked all that well and left them a little muddy

Now will they let me WW it :naughty:

Matt

love your first one Dave, beautiful composition, exposure and textures. And that glow of light in the middle makes your shot really magical.
The only nit-pic I would have is that you've clipped the apex of the vault which just detracts a little for me.
Your processing has worked beautifully, looks HDR? I'd be delighted if I could get something like this! Those greens and golds really make you feel the age of the place :)

Your 2nd shot is nice, but doesn't have the quality of the first... too much floor detracts from those beautiful arches, slightly skewed in comparison to shot 1, and the chap on the lhs seems to clash a little with the whole thing. However, dress him up in a monk's habit and get him onto 1/3rd and you'd have a really interesting shot... especially as we're on the countdown to halloween! ;)

what a great location, you lucky devil!

Thanks for the fab feed back maria, in the 1st I didnt clip the apex of the arches well I did in the crop I could have sworn the point was at the very top, it seems it wasnt quite, I have my original and tiff edit they both have it in shot,

I n the second I wanted to show the feeling of the space, I do see what you mean, maybe I forgot the lens correction, I will check that, as for Mark he was actually wearing bright blue top and jeans, so I toned them done I did try complete grey as I thought that would be good but for some reason I decided to keep a muted tone rather than :naughty: Selective colouring type, he did start off mid pic but my first shot I realized I got the exposure wrong and had to do a quick adjustment by that time he had walked closer than I would have preferred

Thanks again appeciate your time and thought commenting (y)(y)(y)

I love the first one Dave it's stunning and an amazing location, I'm not too sure about the second if I'm honest, I think if the blur of person were into the frame more it would work better, but also the window apertures the processing to try and bring back some detail there has not really worked all that well and left them a little muddy

Now will they let me WW it :naughty:

Matt

Thanks Matt, yeah I had to burn the light from the windows, I should have done an exposure for those really as well (y)

LOL I thought about WW :D

Both are stunning shots. The first is the winner for me.

Also, well done for getting these shots without any tourists in them. I was at Fountain's Abbey last Saturday and it was pretty busy!

Thanks very muchly, we got there early to beat the crowds (y)

I love the first shot Dave, the light is beautiful. Fountains Abbey's a lovely place - you were right to get there early though

Hi Dave,
They say a "picture says a thousand words", but your first image just conjures
up some many other images from the past if that makes sense.

Thankyou Alan.

and you got a ghost too :clap: I think I like #1 best :)

like these, I wish no2 was a moody mono with the ghostly figure

Back