Free CF to SD Card Adapter?

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
My Canon 5D Mk3 has two memory card slots 1. A CF Card Slot & 2. An SD Card Slot.

CF cards seem to be less available these days and also more expensive per Gb memory.

I only just noticed there are adapters CF to SD this would mean I could load 2 x SD cards in my 5D.

Will this work with the 5D? Any reasons why not? Any good reasons to use one of these adapters?

Will be interested in any comments.
Thanks
John

I bought my cf card from this ebay seller, it arrived, works and as far as I can tell is a real SanDisk

CF cards have faster write speeds, and are more harder wearing, I don't know if this matters to you.

Last edited:
Plenty of brand new CF cards available too, and given the size of the files on the 5D3, 32 or 64 GB will be plenty (unless you are taking many thousand shots a day).

Bear in mind the SD slot in the 5D3 is considerably slower than the CF slot
Have a read of this article from SLR lounge:

It'll work, but they are just a bit crap.

Plenty of CF cards available on the used market.
This.

It’s not like they cost what they did when 4gb was a big card. They’re still relatively inexpensive in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks all :)

Do CF cards have any benefits over SD cards?

Willing to be educated :)

Plenty of brand new CF cards available too, and given the size of the files on the 5D3, 32 or 64 GB will be plenty (unless you are taking many thousand shots a day).

Bear in mind the SD slot in the 5D3 is considerably slower than the CF slot
Have a read of this article from SLR lounge:
Thanks for that, as I don't have any 'serious' reason to stop using the CF card, you've provided a good reason why I should stick with them :) I'm sure I've read similar sometime in my distant past :)

Back