Critique Chaco Golden Knee Tarantula (Grammostola pulchripes)

Thank you very much. Chaco golden knee tarantula's are from Argentina, Paraguay & Uraguay. So you can see why they are coloured like this! Great camouflage, however they get to 8 inches in diameter as adults.

Super looking spider. Some shots at the same level as the spider rather then top down would be very menacing.

Super looking spider. Some shots at the same level as the spider rather then top down would be very menacing.

I agree and a wider shot -ie not cropping off the limbs would be good too

Les

I had a big issue with angles taking the pictures because of the room I had and the enclosure it is in (with it being so small) the first shot was taken with a 50mm prime with some extension tubes, but I just couldn't really get close enough because my lens was wider than the enclosure, I ended up swapping to my 70-300mm and hitting it in macro. Stood directly above, however it's a minimum focal distance of 3.1ft, the spider was on a chair, and couldn't get any more distance between us on this occasion.

I might even cheat and take some shots of its next moult until it's put in a larger enclosure.

Back