Chaffinch in the snow, picture added

Name
Trev
Edit My Images
Yes
After a dry spell on here, I managed to get out today. The sun was shining, sky was blue, snow was on the ground, a beautiful day. I set up and the birds arrived, I managed a few shots. And then, the sky clouded and it snowed and snowed. A quick dash back to the car but at least I had something in the can. Here's one of them, hope you approve.

4370851258_b7686a3e52_o.jpg

Edited picture, smaller crop
4371462614_2659b7aa0b_o.jpg

CC welcome

Last edited:
Hi :wave:

Lovely and sharp, beautiful looking subject, the only minor point is that (and it may be my monitor) I think the small piece of snow at the front is a bit blown.

LB

Good spot and nicely caught with that snow on the beak and seed in the beak. For my taste the crop is a tad too tight.

Hi :wave:

Lovely and sharp, beautiful looking subject, the only minor point is that (and it may be my monitor) I think the small piece of snow at the front is a bit blown.

LB

Thanks for your comment, and I agree about the snow. I did try to recover it but it looked worse so decided to leave it. No need to worry about your monitor :)

Good spot and nicely caught with that snow on the beak and seed in the beak. For my taste the crop is a tad too tight.

Cheers Tom, I'll try another version without the tight crop and see how it looks. Thanks for the comments, its appreciated (y)

hi trev did you get caught in the snow again,thought it would be lovely there today it changes so quick,if I were you I would try not to crop it so tight leave room for the bird to look into and I think it will look good

Thanks for your kind words Karen, that's appreciated. When I arrived today, quite frankly it was stunning up there, white over with a blue sky and sun shining. Half an hour and the light had gone, the sky had clouded over, another 20 minutes or so and the heavens opened, I couldn't believe how quick it changed. So, in answer to your question... 'yes' :D .
I've added another version with a loser crop, and I think it looks better, hope you agree (y)

Back