Chaffinch Portraits

Edit My Images
Yes
All taken at Sutton Bank Visitor Centre :)

1. Is this my best side?
chaffinch_portrait.jpg

2. Don't eat with your mouth full.
chaffinch_portrait2.jpg

3. Look at all that food...
willowtit.jpg

Anyone know the species of the last one? - I know it's a Willow Tit or a Marsh Tit but not sure which.

Thanks for looking :)

Ewan

(y)Very nice mate..that 70-300mm vr is a cracking lens(presume these were taken with it?)

Lovely shots Ewan, not sure but I think it's a Willow tit.

Anyone know the species of the last one? - I know it's a Willow Tit or a Marsh Tit but not sure which.

Thanks for looking :)

Ewan
Hi Ewan, personally I'd say it was a Marsh Tit.

Thanks everyone :).

They had a big board up showing different species of birds that came to the feeders, but they were drawn in a very rough way and not great for IDing! I hadn't bothered to look closely in the past but noticed today that they had Chaffinch and Tree Pipit mixed up also :wacky:

EDIT: Yep they were taken with the 70-300mm :)

Great pictures Ewan, isn't sutton bank great!! :D As for the last one, I wouldnt like to put my money on either as they are so similar but I would come down on the side of Willow rather then Marsh if I was forced...apparently the big giveaway is the noise they make and the Willow has a paler panel in wings....and like the few pica I got of them, cant see the bloody wings.... :bonk:

Great shots as usuall ewan well done

Cheers :)

Great pictures Ewan, isn't sutton bank great!! :D As for the last one, I wouldnt like to put my money on either as they are so similar but I would come down on the side of Willow rather then Marsh if I was forced...apparently the big giveaway is the noise they make and the Willow has a paler panel in wings....and like the few pica I got of them, cant see the bloody wings.... :bonk:

Ok then. I'm just gonna call them "nice ikkle birdies dat are black and white and yellowy and go tweety tweety"

Did I type that out loud? :D

First 2 are great

Nice shots Ewan,(y) to hard to call on the Willow/Marsh
Tit shot.

Like the first two shots. I would go for a Willow for the third due to the dull looking head as compared to a glossy head on the Marsh Tit.

Back