Chaffinch

Name
CAROL
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken at the lakes last weekend, First outing with my new lens, Im on a steep learning curve,

c and c most welcomed thanks
cas

IMG_5242.jpg

IMG_5290.jpg

Last edited:
Some lovely ones and some not so good ones, you'd probably get a better response if you just posted the best 1 or 2 which for me are 1 and 6. Number 4 for example suffers badly in comparison to the others as it seems a little out of focus and is nothing like as sharp, possibly focussed on the branch in the bottom right corner?

Some lovely ones and some not so good ones, you'd probably get a better response if you just posted the best 1 or 2 which for me are 1 and 6. Number 4 for example suffers badly in comparison to the others as it seems a little out of focus and is nothing like as sharp, possibly focussed on the branch in the bottom right corner?

thanks advice acted on, I see what you mean,

Last edited:
Hmm. I was thinking that but did not like to say it. Good captures though.

thanks, I must get a photo editor soon :bonk: is this one better?

IMG_5290.jpg

Humungous improvement with these two shots! :clap:

They are perhaps a tad over-saturated but my local ones are still showing great colour.

Lovely colour in these. I've noticed the Chaffies on Cannock Chase have this enriched colour and generally seem a stronger looking bird - probably because ther'e roaming over a larger area than your average garden visitor.

Try to avoid the awkward crops - you'll find it a lot easier if you want to frame any.

Last edited:
Love the detail in them Cason, very good!! :clap::clap::clap:

Agree with Cedric (CT) about the crops, very good advice (y)

thanks CT, lol me frame some up, I think that may be a while off.

these two were taken in whinlatter forest more of a deeper colour than at the caravan site im staying at, they seem very muted in colour towards the above. The light was spot on too late afternoon. It showed them off at their best.

Humungous improvement with these two shots! :clap:

They are perhaps a tad over-saturated but my local ones are still showing great colour.

Lovely colour in these. I've noticed the Chaffies on Cannock Chase have this enriched colour and generally seem a stronger looking bird - probably because ther'e roaming over a larger area than your average garden visitor.

Try to avoid the awkward crops - you'll find it a lot easier if you want to frame any.

thanks I will sort out my crops in future :wave:

Love the detail in them Cason, very good!! :clap::clap::clap:

Agree with Cedric (CT) about the crops, very good advice (y)

Did'nt take you long to start getting used to the new lens :)

Well done (y)

Did'nt take you long to start getting used to the new lens :)

Well done (y)

thanks I have a way to go, I have spent ages deleting the misses

Back