Champagne ... (I'm proud of this one)

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
Yes
I welcome all comments on this, I had an idea about an empty Champers Bottle, and thought I would give it a try ...

... Who can guess how its done ?

and if your interested, I have images/story of the setup, let me know

Img_4025xJpg.jpg

Great shot - no idea how you did it, but would be interested:)

Maybe upside down releasing the cork and filled with water?

Warspite said:
Great shot - no idea how you did it, but would be interested:)

Maybe upside down releasing the cork and filled with water?

That would be my guess too. Great shot though :)

Jus' kidding - great shot. Bollinger's OK, but I prefer Dom Perignon - they're all about £25+ and I rather spend that on a decent Islay Single Malt.
I hated doing stuff like this at college - mainly because I was so cr*p at it.
I saw a similar shot by Michael Freeman - took about six exposures (all on 5x4" film) and the 'liquid' was water from a hose, comped on afterwards. The cork was suspended on a wire.

Spit it out Liberalis man.. I like the shot very much but its like the magic tricks....

How did you do that...:confused-

Ok, you guys are pretty close.

I had an empty bottle drilled by a glazer (2" Hole):

DSC00198.jpg

Then stuck a bracket on the back using very strong glue.

DSC00197.jpg

After that, mounted it onto a painted black board, folowed by screwing a long screw through the board and positioned the cork about two inches under the upturned bottle, I also drilled a small hole onto the bottle end of the cork (I'll explain this later) finally spraying it to give the impression of the bottle being cold.

DSC00199.jpg

Lighting was with the 550 flash angled towards a white board on the left, and a mirrir on the right.

DSC00200.jpg

To get the shot, I help a bit of rubber under the bottle, and poured Tonic water into the hole in the top, then when ready with the wired remote, whipped my hand out of the way, I tried to time it so the Tonic hit the cork, and the hole I made in the cork stopped the liquid balooning over it, and fired it back into the oncomming liquid.

After getting the shot (about 20 shots all together) I rotated it to the angle you see, and darkened it, and cleaned it up slightly.

Voila. done.

Very good, thanks for putting us out of our misery also:thumb:

Clever stuff, I'm impressed! It looks very realistic too :thumb:

Mike

Nice work, I think this really works well :thumb:

Very clever, for a min I was thinking you had an beam shutter release or something.

Brilliance!

Thats a lot of messing and fuss for one photo, you are to be congratulated my friend, and a great picture to boot, well done.
:clap:

WOW...I was going to say the cork was held under a tap for one shot & then Photoshopped onto Bottle shot later. Would never have been as good as the way you did it though !!

this is good,

you could try it with some lemonade next time ?, just to give it the ' fiz factor ' .

MyPix

Very very clever mate, and it shows what can be achieved with a little dedication and a little thought.

I'd be impressed with it too if it were mine :)

excellent idea and execution, really impressed with your patience! I would lean it the other way though, as the light is at the bottom, would it look more natural on the top?(if you see what i mean, flip it horizintally..)

Did you have a 'significant other' looking at you as if you were mad while you did all this?

I get that 'look' everytime I try to photograph something a bit different :nut:

Doesn't stop me though :D

oh and there was me thinking you had activated the shutter by the pop of the cork! Really great work, and so clever too!

Great shot and well done for taking the effort to create it :) Now that I know how you did it, could you add a smidgeon of motion blur to the cork?

Pah! :hand:

you've shattered my illusions now...........seeing how it was done is like watching the makings of a film before you've seen it. :dizzy:

Tis an excellent shot though all the same, and the planing is to be :clap:

Back