Chasing Butterflys

Name
Euge
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

I Spent a couple of hours this afternoon chasing Butterflies about. This was the first time I have been out in a long while and I seem to have got the macro bug back (forgive the pun). As you can see I didnt find many Butterflys!

1. Baby Toad (I think its a toad!)

2. Fly of some sorts, He seemed to look different from the norm so i snapped him. I have some other angles if anyone wants to ID him.

3. I think this is a common Blue. There are 3 of these that look very familiar and i didnt catch the colour when it spread its wings.

4. Same as #3...

5. Lunch! I watched these for a couple of minutes, the spider was trying its hardest to catch the moth.... the moth got fed up with the harrasment and flew off.

Cheers
Euge

Great set.............I particularly like the fly.....no idea on an ID though:clap:

It's a great collection eeverson - I have nothing but admiration for guys who have patience to go bug hunting! I especially like your frog ... or is it "Toady" of Toad Hall? ... :)

Nice clear shots, the butterfly is an Adonis Blue and the fly is one of the Hoverfly species.
Geoff.

Back