cheap film processing

Edit My Images
No
hi, i dont know if this is the right place to post this thread, but yeah, anyway

i've recently moved to hull, and dont know any lab where i can get my negs done, apart from my local lab, which costs quite a bit, but most importantly i personally dont like the way they alter the colors and everything else, even after requesting them not to.

so i just want to kindly ask if anyone here who has a lab and plenty of spare time to do my negs, if you do please send me a private message, and of *** please quote me the price.

any help is much appreciated, thanks alot~

Well Tesco will develope 35mm and put it on a CD for £1.98, also do c41 b/w as well. Some tescos will just develope the film for 99p (if you want). Results depend on the operator, but I don't mind spots etc as I crop a lot and touch up with Photoshop.

Tesco developed Fuji reala film, scanned by me:-
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/chakrata/konica883-1.jpg

Pic from a Tesco cd (spots and all) untouched by me. Checking out a zoom for closeup.
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/chakrata/Photo04_2A.jpg

thanks v much for your reply, that last picture has a brilliant colour tone, but very dusty indeed. do you happen to know how much they charge to print?
thanks

thanks v much for your reply, that last picture has a brilliant colour tone, but very dusty indeed. do you happen to know how much they charge to print?
thanks

Well your thread title says "cheap" but Tesco have put their print prices up and it's about £5 for 24-6X4" now. Morrison charge £3.50 for 24 and Asda do 35mm as well.
And I forgot to mention Tesco develope and provide the CD in about 1 hour or less, while you shop...I think it's fantastic they can do this for £2 (and it's up to 37 shots) using expensive machinery that has to be maintained, and expensive chemicals, and they don't charge if the neg is blank because of a cockup.

thanks for your reply, i shall try tesco as it seems to be unusually quick and cheap.

thanks for all the help

Oh and another tip for Tescos is that they will develop and put your pictures on CD only for around £2.00

I found this out by accident today as I had taken some pictures through a cracked Leica lens which I wanted to test, and was saying to the girl that I didn't need the prints just the cd, Oh she says I can do that for you and she developed the film and put them on CD in an hour for £1.96 :)

I had been taking in all the films from my Dads cameras and the last lot cost me a fortune and there were only a couple of pictures I wanted, now she's putting the rest of the films through onto CD and just developing the negs and it will be around half the price.

DOH I just typed all this out then glanced at the rest of the thread afterwards and it had already been mentioned, sorry.

it's good to confirm that it's at more than one store though! Hopefully it's a chain-wide thing (y)

Back