Cheap Image Stabilised ActionCamera

TheBigYin

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
I'd like to get hold of a cheap (sub £100, less if possible) action camera that'll cope with being handlebar mounted on my cyclocross bike, and bounced around on canal towpaths and typical sustrans type surfaces...

Really don't want to be spending lots of cash, certainly don't want the outlay (and hassle of mounting) some form of gyroscope stabilised gimbal thing - they look awful fragile to be honest for the rattling they'd get.

It's for use in UK, so it needs to be waterproof obviously, and, the ubiquitous GO-PRO mounting system would make sense, as I've already got a K-Edge gopro/garmin mount on the bars.

Check the YouTube reviews for the Apeman 1080p range of action cameras which are available from amazon for £35-£40.

Check the YouTube reviews for the Apeman 1080p range of action cameras which are available from amazon for £35-£40.

can't see anywhere where it says that it's image stabilised.... should have said, I've already got a half decent 1080p clone-pro (sj4000 hd wifi) but the image quality from it really will not stand up on off-road stuff...

problem is, the 'cross bike has fairly skinny 35mm knobbly tyres, and obviously no suspension, so there's quite a bit of "buzz" comes up through the bars...

here's an example...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG50MB7bVM4

that was actually run through software image stabilisation before I threw the "dashboard" stuff on - but its still damned near unwatchable...

I know you said budget but the hero 7 has pretty good stablising built in (at a silly price I admit) I'm not sure you'll get a cheapy one with that feature.
I've seen a Y14K around a £100 thats got it. The OLFi one five again around the hundred quid mark. Don't think theres much cheaper.

Yeah - i'd seen the Yi 4K camera, a pretty damned good review on youtube - was around £100 without the waterproof case, which, as I've said before, in this country, on the routes I rattle around, is pretty much essential all year round - might sit tight for now and see if there's any bargains in the new year...

Unless of course anyone has any other suggestions and recommendations :)

I have a Gitup Git 2 (yes, really!) which is electronically stabilised. They're around the budget you're looking at, including a waterproof case and some other bits & bobs.

I've never mounted it to the handlebars but there's some footage from it here:

I have a Gitup Git 2 (yes, really!) which is electronically stabilised. They're around the budget you're looking at, including a waterproof case and some other bits & bobs.

I've never mounted it to the handlebars but there's some footage from it here:

Great video, and we'll done on yer wee run.

Back