Cheap portable Softbox for dedicated flash

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking for a portable softbox for use with my Sony/Minolta dedicated flash units.

I've done a search on the web and think I want something like the Photoflex LiteDome XTC's.

These seem pretty cheap in the USA, but haven't found any dealers in the UK

Are these any good? Any dealers in the UK?

I know that the words 'cheap' and 'good' aren't usually in the same sentence, but the Lastolite Ezybox Hot Shoe seems double the price (£90 vs $$77)

Are there any other (cheap) alternatives?

Hi
may nit be what you looking for but Have you looked at the Lambency Flash Diffuser Domes i bought one from ebay only a tenner and found it well worth the money

New here

Hi
may not be what you looking for but Have you looked at the Lambency Flash Diffuser Domes, i bought one from ebay only a tenner and found it well worth the money (y)

Thanks for the info!

I'm actually looking for a softbox rather than just a diffuser, since I would like it to be directional.

Anyone have/recommend the Ezybox ?

I have the lastolite ezybox (for hotshoe/flashgun fitting)...its great, as its super portable, assembles 'in a flash' :D:D:D (cheezy!), but I would suggest you DONT get the micro apollo (which fits onto the flashgun itself by velcro whilst the flashgun is on the camera), as it does not stay on at all, and is a right pain.

I have the lastolite ezybox (for hotshoe/flashgun fitting)...its great, as its super portable, assembles 'in a flash' :D:D:D (cheezy!), but I would suggest you DONT get the micro apollo (which fits onto the flashgun itself by velcro whilst the flashgun is on the camera), as it does not stay on at all, and is a right pain.

Cool and thanks for the info!

Back