Cheapest Original Epson Inks

Name
Kitty
Edit My Images
Yes
I've had a look but can't see any info on TP about this: does anybody know of any reliable sources of cheap original epson inks from Hong Kong? (or elsewhere). I'm not wanting to risk mucking up my printer with compats anymore. Thanks guy/esses.

What printer? No use going abroad I don't think. I ended up getting a Fotospeed CIS and am delighted with it.

Google the inks you want. I found that Amazon were cheaper on most inks than Epson direct. Some were supplied by Amazon ( via Jersey) others from different suppliers. Delivery though was variable. The ones from Jersey arrived in 2 days other suppliers took 5 days.

I would have thought the price difference between UK sourced inks and those from abroad would not have been significant

forget about getting cheap epson inks. only way to go is a CIS system or compatable carts.

what printer do you have?

I have an Epson 2100. And I've heard enough horror stories from pro technicians and tutors to get me off the compat habit for good. Chappers/John: obviously I've googled for ink prices! Best price so far for Light Grey was Rubberfrog - £19 odd, inc p & p. Anyone out there found a better price? Thanks.

Kitty

I was amazed to find how difficult it was to get inks for your R2100. No problems for the R2400 or R2880 but the R2100 seems to be more difficult.

However I did find this site which seems to be able to supply original carts. No cheap though. They do offer compatible
carts but how good they are is anyone guess

http://www.prink.co.uk/epson-stylus-photo-2100-ink-cartridges.php

Even the official Epson site doesn't seem to stock them

Prink is the front runner so far...thanks John. As for cis, I'd have thought that the benefit would be felt with high output. The 2100 makes very good prints, though the software has often been a pain, but I don't use it that much.

I saved over 1k in my first year using the fotospeed CIS and that including buying the printer. I'm using it with an R2400 BTW

I have a r2880 which has been put on to compatibles and is just as good as the oem. As for messing up printers, I also have a r200 (a4 printer) that has lived on compatables for well over 4 years. At £16 for five sets of inks I am not complaining. Ive used the r200 so much Ive had to reset the internal counter.

Back