Cheapest place for genuine EN-EL15a

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Want a couple of spare for my D500. Anyone know where’s the cheapest that are actually genuine?

Cheers

Andy

Nikon UK store has them at £59.99 posted which seems cheaper than most!

I got one from China which is genuine and well worth getting. £16 you can't complain at that . I tried testing it on my D810 and it look nearly 300 shots RAW+JPeg and that was with chimping and doing video work on the SD card. It sounds too good to be true, but it is, forget getting one from the ripeoff UK

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Nikon-EN-EL15A-Battery-For-D850-D7500-D750-D810-D7200-D7000-D7100/163505993919?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

du8KYBK.jpg

I’ve looked at eBay offerings but I still doubt they’re originals. Very good fakes but fake none the less I’m positive.

If it were a fake I would shout it from the roof tops. All I can say is I bought one from that link and one of the best buys I have made. I thought for £16 what is there to loose??? so went ahead, and damn pleased I did. Still if you want to be ripped of with UK prices then go ahead. Yes I did check on how to spot a fake and it came up as correct.
Ok why so cheap? it is because the EN-EL15b has replaced it for most purposes

I'm not going to argue with you and appreciate your input. But, your battery is fake. The give-away is the hologram label. Originals have 4 cut marks in them. Also the text on the originals is clearer.

https://www.nikonimgsupport.com/eu/BV_article?articleNo=000042103&configured=1&lang=en_GB

Reactions: mex
If it were a fake I would shout it from the roof tops. All I can say is I bought one from that link and one of the best buys I have made. I thought for £16 what is there to loose??? so went ahead, and damn pleased I did. Still if you want to be ripped of with UK prices then go ahead. Yes I did check on how to spot a fake and it came up as correct.

Suspiciously cheap battery from China, 'may come in plain or unprinted box', one of the ebay purchasers of this product reports receiving a fake with the wrong weight and lettering, 5 ebay purchasers that used this seller report receiving fake batteries, yours lacks the notches in the hologram, and the handle in the graphic of the recycling bin looks wrong.

Seemslegit.jpg

Last edited:
OOPS missed that check sorry weight was correct as was everything else but it works ok and I do have 6 other en-el15 batteries as well as this one

Last edited:
More likely to be than originals. However, even originals have been subject to safety recalls from Nikon. (Not necessarily EN-EL15s but other models in the past.)

OOPS missed that check sorry weight was correct as was everything else but it works ok and I do have 6 other en-el15 batteries as well as this one
It doesn't look genuine from the photo. Where are the hologram notches and why is the bin graphic different? Though a low weight would tell you it's fake, a correct weight doesn't tell you for sure that the battery is genuine (since fakers can easily make their products heavier). With fakes, all bets are off on safety features. Better to buy a compatible third party major brand battery that doesn't pretend to be a Nikon if you want something cheaper.

Nikon don't make their own batteries, they buy in cells and bung them in a plastic case along with a circuit board. Any decent company can and do do the same. I always go aftermarket and have never had a problem, if you want to pay Nikon prices in the belief you are getting something better so be it, but it's simply not the reality.

Each to his own, but I have been down the route of trying 'cheap' batteries with my D500........................Now, I only use genuine!

Having said that, I have been using a 'MEIKE' grip for the past 2 years and have found it to be better than the original Nikon unit, and it even came with a RF Remote Control.

I've happily used legitimate third party batteries from name brands. They at least have reputations to lose, whereas it's hard to trust a faker pretending to be somebody else. The Ex-Pro batteries for my X100T give me an unimpressive number of shots per charge, but in this they faithfully replicate the underpowered Fuji original!

ExPro here as well, used them on my Canon a couple of years ago, no problems, now have a couple for my D750, £35 for the pair and they have a 2 year warranty.

Back