Cheapest place for Ilford 35mm film and printing paper?

Name
James Knott
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Next Monday in Photography at college we will be moving on to film photography and using the dark room. We have been told that we will need to buy some 35mm B+W film and quality photo printing paper. In particular, they have requested we buy the following:

Ilford HP5+ 35mm film
Ilford Multigrade paper (Resin coated)

Any links to online retailers that would sell both of these items cheaply would be appreciated, or will I get similar prices from buying in-store at Jessops?

Thanks,
James

I use Silverprint, there is a minimum order with most online retailers.
You need to get an order in sharpish though wherever you buy it from.
Jessops definately stock Ilford HP5 35mm, you can just walk in and buy it, dunno about paper.

Thanks for the links and help. I think as the paper isn't too cheap and we probably won't use too much each, a few of us might split a pack between us. I think I might just walk in to Jessops and buy them, I'm guessing the film won't be THAT much more than online.

Thanks for the links and help. I think as the paper isn't too cheap and we probably won't use too much each, a few of us might split a pack between us. I think I might just walk in to Jessops and buy them, I'm guessing the film won't be THAT much more than online.

Ilford film works out about £2 a roll online, paper approx £25 - £30 per box. Some 'proper' (ie not online) shops were charging about £40-£50 per box.

Firstcall sells some of the cheapest Ilford black and white film under the PAN100 and PAN400 brands.

Made in Mobberley, Cheshire it is a fraction of the FP$ and HP5 prices and just as good for students.

Back