Cheapest way of scanning MF negatives and Slides?

Name
Sam
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, 2 questions. For Black and White negs and slides, is using a lightbox and Digital camera with extension tubes a viable option? If not, which scanner will do a reasonable job at a cheap as possible price. Please note, this would be for proofing, web use and small prints only.

Thanks.

As for the lightbox/camera idea, try it and see?

The Epson V500 does a good job with 35mm up to 6x12cm and is being superceded by the V600 so the price should be dropping, currently well under £200.

Unfortuneately, the V500 is quite a way over my budget. Ideally I am looking for a <£50 solution. Cheers anyway.

For sub £50, you can slide copy or......pay somebody to scan them..:)

The process of taking a photo of a neg lit from behind is called slide copying whether you use a dedicated slide copier or a macro lens/ext tubes and light box.
I dunno how available MF slide copiers are, 35mm are easy to find.

I used to use a macro lens and a light box with light proof black sheet of plastic laid on it, with a 6x6 hole cut in it to slide copy my 6x6 negs.

Cheers. I am intending to send the better ones away to be scanned properly so will give it a try.

Sam

Try David Farnell Photo Lab at Lancaster for dev and scanning,their quality is spot on.They are very helpful and reasonably priced, turn around is normally 2 days or less. I have dropped of in the morning and collected later the same afternoon.:clap:

Back