Cherry Plum Blossom

Just Dave

In Memoriam
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Very nice Dave the focus is spot on and the DoF is just what I would want from this shot (y) it's funny but I did some cherry blossom for my POTD with my broken 50mm but ended up doing a re-shoot the following day (y) as I really wasn't happy with the result (y)

Matt

I agree with the above- loving the BG well spotted Dave :clap:

Les (y)

nice shot, reminds me of a pics my nan has dotted all over her walls in pretty much every room lol

Very nice Dave the focus is spot on and the DoF is just what I would want from this shot (y) it's funny but I did some cherry blossom for my POTD with my broken 50mm but ended up doing a re-shoot the following day (y) as I really wasn't happy with the result (y)

Matt
Thanks Matt, I saw your shot, and it gave me an idea (y)

Very nice Dave, love the DoF.

Macro is something i haven't done but must admit i do like the results people get, might have to put it on my to do list.

Thanks Darren

I agree with the above- loving the BG well spotted Dave :clap:

Les (y)

Thanks Les

nice shot, reminds me of a pics my nan has dotted all over her walls in pretty much every room lol

Thanks Terry are you say its old fashioned :D

Last edited:
another one ????

spotted the other post first !

another cracking shot mate with good use of DOF and again, great colours and detail

I prefer this one from the two of them.

I was snapping at some flowers myself over the weekend, been trying to id them on here.
One of them I'm sure is a Prunus Spinosa aka Sloe/ Blackthorne, but it looks very similar to your Cherry Plum, I guess because they're both part of the Prunus family. I think I'll be investing in a little flower book for my kit bag, flower names are not my strong point!!

Thanks Neil

They do look similar, I was going to ID yours as Blackthorn, but it had been suggested, I know mines Cherry Plum as I go every year to gather the fruit yummy, we have a long row of trees and they prude masses of fruit, for jam making, and pies

Back