Cherry Tomatoes -changed white balance

Name
Karin
Edit My Images
Yes
Just before they became part of a lamb tagine:naughty:

I can't make my mind up if I prefer more or less DOF.

More:
IMG_7238.jpg

or Less:
IMG_7232.jpg

and a different one

IMG_7241.jpg

Thanks for looking:D

Last edited:
I like the DOF on number 1 like yourself. But the colour doesn't seem right to me :shrug: I always think of cherry tomatoes to be a deep red colour, but these look orange and on top of that there seems to be a yellow cast over them. Did you shoot in RAW? If so you could change your WB to tungsten if you wanted.

More is less I thought Karin :LOL: #1 for me, with a slice of honey roast ham and 2 slices of freshly cut bloomer and butter. ;)

I like the DOF on number 1 like yourself. But the colour doesn't seem right to me :shrug: I always think of cherry tomatoes to be a deep red colour, but these look orange and on top of that there seems to be a yellow cast over them. Did you shoot in RAW? If so you could change your WB to tungsten if you wanted.

As cherry toms go they were on the orange side to start with and the shot was taken under halogen spots.I bumped the saturation a bit but didn't play with the wb:bang: back to the metaphorical drawing board...Thanks Jo.

More is less I thought Karin :LOL: #1 for me, with a slice of honey roast ham and 2 slices of freshly cut bloomer and butter. ;)

Thanks Alby, I'm thinking that way now too. Yummm for the ham and bread,but they did a fab job in the tagine too:D

I think #1 works best, they do look tasty (y)

I prefer #1 also. #2 is a little too DoF for me and I don't think the composition is as good in #3. Nicely sliced, are you are a mistress of cuisine as well as photography?

Now that's a better colour. Certainly looks more natural, and the plate under is showing white now, where as that looked yellow before. Nice one (y)

Now that's a better colour. Certainly looks more natural, and the plate under is showing white now, where as that looked yellow before. Nice one (y)

Thank you for the prod-it wasn't until I saw them side by side that I could see just how orange they were..

Karin

I like #1, then #3. I have some cherries on my desk. Shame it's not a camera day (off out tonight where I don't like leaving it)

I don't mean to sound rude (so please don't take it this way), but #2 looks like a dodgy shot that I might have taken. It doesn't really do anything

I like #1, then #3. I have some cherries on my desk. Shame it's not a camera day (off out tonight where I don't like leaving it)

I don't mean to sound rude (so please don't take it this way), but #2 looks like a dodgy shot that I might have taken. It doesn't really do anything

No offence taken Carol.I was playing with the DOF and that one is f2.8 but I quite liked the sparkly effect at the time :thinking: not so sure about them now though.

#1, but the tomatoes do look a bit over ripe (greeny orange) I would colour correct this, food photography needs to look fresh and perfect.

i'm going to guess israilie tomatoes. possibly spanish.

IMG_7241copy.jpg

I think Chris is right,

A small contrast and saturation boost, 10% of each.

#1, but the tomatoes do look a bit over ripe (greeny orange) I would colour correct this, food photography needs to look fresh and perfect.

i'm going to guess israilie tomatoes. possibly spanish.

They already have already been corrected Chris,and they weren't really very red to start with. Spanish organic with no airmiles btw IIRC from www.riverford.co.uk :D

Back