Cheshire Landscapes C&C Please

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Firstly apologies for not saying the obvious but they are sunsets. I would love some C&C as this is not my normal type of shot as I mainly do sports.
The first two are with 70-300 and last is with Nifty 50mm
I like them but are they any good. Is one tree better than four or no trees as the last one maybe, which one do you think is best?
resizing down has taken some of the impact I think

3951498488_08a43bbe3d.jpg

3950720389_94f07d2bc7.jpg

3950719669_d434a69beb.jpg

Thanks for looking

#1 - Too much tree, not enough sky.
#2 - doesn't work at all for me. Just looks like four trees obscuring a nice sunset.
#3 - Has potential, but is a little too unbalanced for me. More of that silhouette and a touch less of the top sky and a few curves tweaks and it's cracking.

You've pushed the colours and contrast too far on all of them. Also, none of them have a strong enough silhouette subject. Tree's only really work if they're interestingly shaped.

1) doesn't really do anything for me but the clouds look good!
2) Works better if you crop the top of the grey clouds and the very bottom
3) Nice sunset shame about the house and the power lines

Don't give up with this it's a journey somewhere.
You have captured the light very well, which is the important thing, you just need to work a bit more on the composition. You will get better if you give it a chance and take some more.
Can't expect to be a no1 football striker after only one game!

I think number two is my fave. A bit unusual. I like the repeating shapes. :)
The skies are nice, but with this kind of thing it really is about finding some interesting things to silhouette, some water for the skies to reflect in.

Back