Chesil Beach

Name
jodie louise
Edit My Images
Yes
My First Effort At Getting Arty On My Old 2 Mega Pixel Compact Camera Lol.

skies2_copy.jpg

I think you forgot the photo :p
AHAHAHAHAHAHA YEAH MAYBE, I DID GET A LITTLE CARRIED AWAY IN PHOTOSHOP BUT IT DOES LOOK QUITE BRIGHT AND CHEERFUL IF NOTHING ELSE LOL.

Heh, that wasn't a comment about it being over-processed, I genuinely couldn't see it when I first looked! Seems to be showing up fine now though. Having said that, I think you probably have pushed the processing a little far - those multicoloured pebbles normally look great in highly saturated images like this but seem to be lost with all the noise from the processing. Also its very wonky! I know straight horizons arn't the be-all and end-all, especially for this style of shot but the person looks like they're in the middle of falling over!

Heh, that wasn't a comment about it being over-processed, I genuinely couldn't see it when I first looked! Seems to be showing up fine now though. Having said that, I think you probably have pushed the processing a little far - those multicoloured pebbles normally look great in highly saturated images like this but seem to be lost with all the noise from the processing. Also its very wonky! I know straight horizons arn't the be-all and end-all, especially for this style of shot but the person looks like they're in the middle of falling over!
Yeah I agree it is heavy on the processing but chesil beach is hilly, the stones form a hill which he is stood in the middle of so he probably is unbalanced on his feet.

I like it.

Maybe you have to know Chesil Beach and the bleak beauty of the place to appreciate the photo.

For me it captures the exposed nature of the spot, and the non-horizontal nature of the picture with the feet also reminds me of the effort required to walk up the shingle bank when the beach is steep after a storm.

More please :)

having been there its not that wonky along the coast a bit at West Bay the beach is almost a vertical wall

I really like it - can almost hear the sound of the pebbles as you walk across them and the waves crashing in nearby.

Hey Thnx Guys For All The Feedback, Good And Bad It All Helps.;);)

Great effort Jodie.
I really like the over processed look.
I've been meaning to get over to Chesil beach for a while now.
Need a break from swanage and shot a good old town like Weymouth :)

p.s. have also noticed that the peeps who really like this pic.. are ones who have been there... and almost know what to expect instead of reading the word "beach" and expecting a lush sandy image.
Shame you didnt get supergran in the shot eh?

I like it. I think the processing suits the subject well :)

Have been thinking about setting up a dorset meet if there is enough of us.

I would like to come on a Dorset meet if one is arranged. This thread is going a little off topic now so perhaps a new thread in the Meeting Place are should be started?

id also be up for a dorset meet, as im only a few miles away :).

i keep looking at the pic and it remindes me of something i just cant think what it is :shrug:.

I really like this...but then I love arty pics taken on crappy cameras lol. For me this has impact first up, then the angle along with the partial person provides some tension. The oversaturation suits the enviroment!

Thanx for all the great comments ppl, as for doing a trip to dorset i think that would be great.I live in Weymouth and we have got some really great places of interest in and around the area.I will look some up and post them if anyone would be interested.

that would be cool jodie :)

thanks dave.

I think its a good alternate view of the bank, and for what its worth the hoizon looks purposely skewed from here. The pebbles bottom right do look a bit much thtough.

If I'm dorset bound at the time, I'd be interested in a meet. :)

Regarding the OP photo - I like the over processed effect, however the horizon bothers me. Having said that, the exaggerated lean of the subject really conveys the steep beach.

>>along the coast a bit at West Bay the beach is almost a vertical wall

Errm - West Bay has a nearly normal beach... apart from Reggie Perrin :D between Abbotsbury (actually a bit east of there) and Chiswell it gets really really steep, especially on the seaward side. edit: perhaps I misread what you wrote - did you mean that the beach in the pic is nearly a vertical wall or that the beach at west bay is nearly a vertical wall? ;)

I am another Weymouth denizen, so a TP meet in town sounds like a fine idea.

Ben

A simple picture with so many remarks but what if there is some sort of a message in the picture. A little is a lot It could be an advert!!

Back