Chester, uk

Edit My Images
Yes
res1335356934.455939.jpeg

Hope you enjoy

I think this is a case of less is more. The shot itself is powerful, full of interest and drama, with interesting composition. The HDR, contrast and saturation are all overdone for my tastes. Detail has been lost rather than enhanced and the end result feels too unnatural and garish to sit comfortably with me.

Looking at your blog I see some great shots, and a few like this that have imho been over edited. You have a good eye, you just need to consider the editing that will enhance an image over editing that will take over the final image.

Hope that all makes sense. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Mark it down as a miss for me.

The 'HDR' effect you've tried to achieve has ruined (for me) what might have been a nice image.

If the untouched image was a 1, and the result above an 11 (Take it all the way baby!) then I would anticipate around a 3-5 would probably yield a more pleasing result. Could you try reposting with this blended 50% atop the original just to see if that's unfounded? To me it feels somewhat overcooked.

I agree with what everyone above me has said. You've HDRed it up, and but you've still not got much detail on the bridge, it shouldn't be black!

Having looked at your blog you seem to go for the overprocessed look, which is fair enough, some of your shots look really atmospheric (like this), but for most others the processing really does not suit.

stunning scene, kind of ruined, rather than enhance by your choice of processing unfortunately.

If you still have the original file, have another go & please please share with us

I agree with the latter comments. If you have the original, I'd love to see a less edited version. I think there is a great shot in there, that is for now hidden by to much processing. Please take my feedback as constructive, the last thing I want to do is put off a photographer who clearly had a great eye for composition

Composition is great apart from the bit in the bottom hand corner the processing is OTT for me would like to see the original.

Andy

Back