Captive Chester Zoo

Giraffes always crack me up and they always take good portraits because the background is only cluttered if you're on a cherry picker. (unless they're babies :))

Made me smile today Mike - cheers!

Last edited:
Lovey set, hard to pick a favourite, big cats always have that "wow" factor, but I really liked the chimp on parent's back, very cheeky, wild dog is good too and who wouldn't be touched by the elephant shot, as I say difficult o pick a winner.

nice to see the jaguars out for a change, it's rare that i have been there and been able to see them! Lovely shots too btw
I find they are out quite frequently but only visible for a short period. Often they are in the outside enclosure but around the back behind the shrubbery so you can't always see them. I'd say on average only need to wait outside the outdoor part of their enclosure for approx 15-20 minutes and most times you get to see them.

I find they are out quite frequently but only visible for a short period. Often they are in the outside enclosure but around the back behind the shrubbery so you can't always see them. I'd say on average only need to wait outside the outdoor part of their enclosure for approx 15-20 minutes and most times you get to see them.
i'll have to bear that in mind for next time, we tend to wait around for 10/15 mins each time and only see them occasionally so i will take the more patient approach next time

Great set of images there Mike, the Siggy really is a good lens for the money. Love the first monkey shot with the expression on his little face :)

Back