Chesterfield at night with Light Trails & Crooked Spire

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
No
Here are a few Photos I took on Friday evening in Chesterfield. The vantage point was a raised walk way above a bypass looking towards the Alma Leisure Park and when turned round you can also just see the famous Crooked Spire.

Any Comments or Critique welcomed.

Thanks Craig.

Chesterfield Crooked Spire, Light Trails
by S43 Photography, on Flickr

Chesterfield Alma Leisure Park 1

Chesterfield Crooked Spire B and W

Chesterfield Crooked Spire

Chesterfield Alma Leisure Park

really like the second shot I am local and it looks way different at night, good framing and nice lighting and colours:clap:

I know Chesterfield a little and bits of it are quite pretty, but there's not a lot here to sell it to me, it could be any town centre (apart from the spire). Possibly slightly over exposed as well? Quite like the first with the complete light trails on the road. Blue hour works well on the second but perhaps more into town with more of the spire and surrounding area?

Good to see someone experimenting though. Looking forward to seeing the next

The biggest issue you have here is your vantage points are really quite bright.
Also you have tried to capture a lot going on which has hurt your pictures as you initially wanted to catch some light trails.
Most of the time less can be more with this style of photography.
I would suggest possibly looking at the pictures, see what you really liked about them whether that was light trails or buildings and get closer to that particular subject.

In the picture below I wanted to get the pontoon in with the bridge in the background and it took me a couple of hours to find a spot where the light from the bridge was helping the shot rather than hindering it.

View attachment 34692 Hi Craig

Last edited:
#1 is the pick of the bunch for me

Might have to have a bit more of an explore around Chesvegas, been living there a year now and never thought to head out round the city at night

Back