Chiffchaff

Lovely, cool birds they are too, nicely done.

Really nice to see the image John - they are beautiful little birds

this time of year the CC's appear in the UK and Northern France in numbers, with their "noisy" repetitive song

Just to add to the usual comparison, (confusion), here's a Willow Warbler, (basically short distance migrants versus longer distance migrants)

TP_Willow_Warbler.jpg

Last edited:
John (hey mate ya good?) ,the images are lovely, had a moan 'cause too small here , so i went to flicky happier now I can see 'em bigger, but that raised a Q re PP.not the image or framing, but sharps

John the feather are almost toooo sharp ....it's not the image being sharp tis what happened after............. it's the feather barbs look too strong sort of spikey when they are kinda soft an' fluffy like me :LOL: Buddy I'm being nit picky I think you need to dial something back just a tiny bit.
Mate we strive for these pin sharp images but when we nab that we need a gentle hand in post the tools we use are so powerful

Always a joy to try and crit your work bro (y)

take care

stu

Really nice to see the image John - they are beautiful little birds

this time of year the CC's appear in the UK and Northern France in numbers, with their "noisy" repetitive song

Just to add to the usual comparison, (confusion), here's a Willow Warbler, (basically short distance migrants versus longer distance migrants)

TP_Willow_Warbler.jpg
thanks Bill, nice shot of the ww. The cliffs seem to be more numerous this year than in previous and we have one that seems to have taken to our garden. Lovely
subtle wee birds. Hope all is well

John (hey mate ya good?) ,the images are lovely, had a moan 'cause too small here , so i went to flicky happier now I can see 'em bigger, but that raised a Q re PP.not the image or framing, but sharps

John the feather are almost toooo sharp ....it's not the image being sharp tis what happened after............. it's the feather barbs look too strong sort of spikey when they are kinda soft an' fluffy like me :LOL: Buddy I'm being nit picky I think you need to dial something back just a tiny bit.
Mate we strive for these pin sharp images but when we nab that we need a gentle hand in post the tools we use are so powerful

Always a joy to try and crit your work bro (y)

take care

stu
Thanks for the feedback Stu, as you know pp is not my strong point!! I will revisit this in the next day or so. Appreciate the comments. Lots of hares round here but in the middle of ploughed fields so difficult to get any sort of image.
All the best, cheers
john

thanks Bill, nice shot of the ww. The cliffs seem to be more numerous this year than in previous and we have one that seems to have taken to our garden. Lovely
subtle wee birds. Hope all is well
Hi John - there just seems to be less and less birds each year in the garden - even if I put feeders out they get dive-bombed by the local Jackdaws, (there are quite a few that "live" in our street and have done for some years), and then there is always the danger of rats which seem to come out in daylight more and more - there are horse stables not far away and that, apparently, is part of the problem.

Thanks for the feedback Stu, as you know pp is not my strong point!! I will revisit this in the next day or so. Appreciate the comments. Lots of hares round here but in the middle of ploughed fields so difficult to get any sort of image.
All the best, cheers
john
Just a tad more gentle buddy PP tools are so powerful.and they are lovely frames so so worth a revisit. John on the hare ahh mate I'd so love to get you in LMAO without a 300m crawl over plough...........We'll leave that to the kids .hey Gav....even I don't do plough.

Buddy they are gonna move from field to field.they have roads John , they use the place of least resistance.

find those places John.

Mate I'm aware I'm being slightly cryptic : I have to be to protect me big eared mates on a public forum.........................if you need more.say the words an I'll shoot ya a PM, I'd love to see you on hare....................... I'd love you to experience a tiny bit of what I do they are enchantiing ........... say the words bud ,might take a day or two to come back life's a train ride right now :(

Back